JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to the land of Glocks and honey. I do not like iwb holsters, I just don't care for the weapon pressing against my hip all day long, I prefer a well built owb with a good belt. (I also prefer a good stiff belt, but that's another story.....). I changed the spring plate to a custom one, cause it looks cooler. Filled all the lettering in white, cause it looks cooler. And changed the magazine foot plates from extended to flat so that it would quit jamming, it has not done it a single time since the change. I've never used +p, I didn't think a 45 needed it. Have fun with your new friend......

Last Edited:
So i finally got a glock. What are your recommendations for iwb holsters. What modifications have you made to your glock. Do you shoot plus p ammo. Thanks

Hello,and congrats on a piece that will last you a lifetime! The mods I make to my Glocks typically are and extended Slide stop lever, it is a little trianglular nub that protrudes out just enough to make it easier to release the slide, speeds up mag changes, I have shot +p in mine with no problems.I always get a grip plug for them, and occasionally put the hogue mono handle on them, absorbs some of the recoil and gives a feel to the grip I like. My Glocks also wear night sights too, just my preference, but not neccessary, I use uncle mikes IWB holsters most, They are soft, cheap and I found I can wear them comfortably, and easiest to conceal. Just my .02 cents! Again Congrats!

I ordered a kohlster iwb holster for it. They are on sale today for $38 . I thought about a stainless recoil spring . Thanks for the advice guys keep it coming . Oh im convinced a .45 does not need plus p but i got it in the deal and didnt know it was plus p till i shot it.

As mentioned above, do not modify your Glock other than sights. There is absolutely no need for a stainless guide rod on a gun designed to use a plastic one. There is no harm in doing so but it just a waste of money IMHO.

I just got an Minotaur MTAC for my G36. I have only had the holster for a few days, but so far I like it a lot. you owe it to yourself to at least try a Pearce +0 mag extension on that gun. Other than that, I would buy a few more mags, & lots of ammo.

I ordered a kohlster iwb holster for it. They are on sale today for $38 . I thought about a stainless recoil spring . Thanks for the advice guys keep it coming . Oh im convinced a .45 does not need plus p but i got it in the deal and didnt know it was plus p till i shot it.

I have a G19 and a Kholster that work well, I liked it so much that just bought another Kholster for my G27 this morning. Smaller gun for when it's needed.

Greg

I've been wearing my G36 in a Comp-Tac MTAC for nearly four years now. I understand that the Crossbreed Supertuck is basically the same thing.
I think the G36 is about the only Glock that I could carry IWB, since it's their only single-stacker. And the setup gives me no problems whatsoever with comfort or security, working outdoors, running, driving, whatever.

Mods:
Pearce +0 baseplate (essential)
Trijicons (essential)
Extended slide stop release (on somebody's recommendation, not a noticeable improvement)

I don't put +P ammo through it - it's already a handful to shoot. I'd put in a stiffer spring first just to keep down the battering, but my understanding is there's no safety issue firing +P through any of the Glocks.

Watch out for the extended slide releases. I have one on my G23 and when I'm holding the gun with my thumbs against the slide in a proper "Glock hold", they catch the slide release just enough to lock the slide open during recoil. I've not really noticed it when I take it target shooting at the range, but it caused tons of problems during my InSights defensive handgun class.

The Glock brand extended slide releases are smaller than the one I have. But accidentally hitting it is something to think about before adding one.

Besides, there's no need for an extended slide release. Just pull the slide back and let go rather than pressing the release down.

I cant wait to start carrying her. I have been carrying a cw9. I hope the size change doesnt throw me off .I used to carry an xd 45 the 4 inch model iwb and that is why i ordered a nice hybrid holster for the 36. Up till now i used mostly uncle mikes style iwb .ill do a report on the kholster after i get it.

Besides, there's no need for an extended slide release. Just pull the slide back and let go rather than pressing the release down.[/QUOTE]

you are correct my friend, Glocks are designed to be used that way, hence why the slide stop is so small. I just chuckle when i see people pimp their Glocks when in fact they come perfect right out of the box. The only thing night sights are good for is finding your pistol in the dark, get yourself a good flashlight and thats all you need...and lots of ammo.

you are correct my friend, Glocks are designed to be used that way, hence why the slide stop is so small. I just chuckle when i see people pimp their Glocks when in fact they come perfect right out of the box. The only thing night sights are good for is finding your pistol in the dark, get yourself a good flashlight and thats all you need...and lots of ammo.

I learned that the hard way during my class. I've probably put about 500 rounds of ammo through it over the years since I got the gun from my dad who put Trijicon sights and an extended slide release on it. But just plinking at the range didn't really make me notice how bad the extended slide release is until I took the class and shot 500 rounds in a day.

The next day after class, I ordered a standard slide stop and armorer's tool (punch) from Glockmesiter. :)

Hahaha - finally you right-handers find yourselves at the disadvantage! There's no way that I could accidentally trip the extended slide-stop release with the third knuckle on my left index finger.

Mods I do to all Glocks

Extended mag release

Extended slide release

Differential night sights. I like the amber rear, green front combo

3.5 lb trigger

Not really a mod but a Wolff aftermarket barrel so I can shoot my lead bullet reloads

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top