Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glad To See A Dedicated C&R Section in NWFA

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Gaucho Gringo, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Gaucho Gringo

Gaucho Gringo Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Glad to see a dedicated C&R section on this forum. I don't know how many people know this but C&R eligible guns are not only those over 50 years of age or military surplus, but includes others like almost all Winchester lever action commemorative rifles, Colt SAA commemorative revolvers and some of the ex communist block guns that are less than 50 years old. There is no C&R for fully automatic weapons that I am aware of. I remember as a kid in the 50-60's looking at the ads for military surplus in Field & Stream and Outdoor Life wishing I had the money to buy guns that were then legal but nowadays if you had them in your possession would get you a long jail term. Since getting my C&R two years ago I have not only bought millsurps but also a few IJ, H&A and H&R revolvers, the majority of them break tops.

scrandall01215 likes this.
  2. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

3. telero

telero Salem area, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

C&R does count for NFA firearms as well, and there are definitely some NFA items over 50 years old. One cool thing is that if you have a C&R and want to receive a C&R NFA item from out of state, the form 4 can go directly to you without being transferred to an in state NFA dealer first.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/curios-relics.html#obtain-nfa-firearms

4. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

One of the updates to the list actually lists some Thompsons made in the 70's as being C&R.

5. telero

telero Salem area, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

6. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer