JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
583f303da03d2.image.jpg

More photos at link (bottom of article)

Eighth-grader's monster bull elk officially declared a state record

As photos were posted, expect outrage in 3, 2, 1 ....

I'm conflicted. I'm not a hunter and it saddens me to see such a magnificent animal killed.
On the other hand, just because I don't understand or agree with something doesn't mean I am going to condemn it. So congratulations to her.

Last Edited:
I understand why some people are conflicted, my wife is the same way, but she understands what it means and wouldn't object to me going hunting.
It's trophy hunting, killing for pleasure that she hates.

I understand why some people are conflicted, my wife is the same way, but she understands what it means and wouldn't object to me going hunting.
It's trophy hunting, killing for pleasure that she hates.
the pleasure of eating and feeding my family an animal that is 100% organic that i worked my butt off before and after it was harvested is why i hunt. a huge rack is just a bonus(could be said about other topics too;))

I could give a damn about racks, the elk sort anyway. Thats why I file for cow tags every year. Its the "free" meat I like. Makes some mighty fine jerky and I really and truly do not see the difference between bovine and elk as far as what the meat comes from.

The largest Blacktail buck I have ever seen in my 48 years of hunting in Oregon was 4 point harvested by a 14 year old girl just south of Silverton. After field dressing it weighed in at 225lbs on the big grain scales in the barn on the farm we were hunting on. She shot it with a single shot Thompson contender carbine in 7mm-08 hitting it just below the chin as it raised its head the round took about 3" of the Neck just below the skull out and the deer dropped like a sack of potato's. Another hunter and I watched from about 350 yards away as she sat on a wooden chair leaning up against a pump house with the rifle in her lap. She sat perfectly still as the buck walked within 35 yards of her with its head down feeding. She raised the rifle and fired almost as fast as you could imagine no hesitation and she hit it perfectly.

The best part was she attended St. Marys school and the next day took photos to school to brag to all the boys how she was a better hunter thent hey would ever be LOL.

She's an old married lady now with a couple kids that hunt just like their mom.

OH and as to the comment about Elk in Nebraska Elk as actually a Prairie animal that hunting pressure pushed into the trees. SO Nebraska is more natural Elk habitat then Oregon is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top