JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You must go thru the hoops to buy a firearm in WA or OR state now (more hoops are coming).

But you don't have to register a legally owned firearm currently in your possession. Nor does any handgun you carry with a concealed carry permit (et. al.) have to be registered to be carried. We (OR and WA state) are not quite to that point - yet.

So as far as 'ghost guns' and concealed carry are concerned, legally, they (firearms you make yourself) are no different from firearms made by someone else that you purchased.

The Indian Reservation which I am closest to requires you to list the handgun that you will be carrying, so I guess that you are stuck with that one for the year until you fork over another $70 to renew.

Legal doesn't equal good idea. Imagine trying to explain it to a jury of your, uh, peers. Do whatever you feel comfortable with, but I'd think about the extra trouble it may bring if you ever have to use it.

That's what I figure also. While perfectly legal, If it ever came down to it, I wouldn't want a prosecutor trying to paint me as some maniac building guns in his garage.

I may be over thinking this, but I also dont put spartan/molon labe/grim reaper grips or backplates on guns, wear some of the grunt style shirts, put stickers on my truck. I think it's best to keep things as vanilla as possible.

But I wouldn't CARRY a 80% gun .
I carry a 1911 Kimber tac ll custom or a Glock 19 X both I bought from a gun store and did a background check for.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top