JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOS ANGELES — A gun control group founded by former U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords asked two web hosting companies on Friday to shut down websites selling parts and machines that help make untraceable homemade firearms known as "ghost guns."

The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence asked the providers that host GhostGunner.net and GhostGuns.com to disable the websites for violating the hosting companies' terms of service.

The sites sell kits, components and machines that help create homemade semi-automatic weapons. It's legal to build a gun in a home or a workshop, and advances in 3-D printing and milling have made it easier to do so. The kits can be purchased legally for a few hundred dollars without the kind of background check required for traditional gun purchases.

Attorneys for the gun control advocacy group said the homemade weapons are increasingly being used in crimes and asked each of the companies to "invoke its policies to help stem the tide of this illegal, deadly behavior."

They argue that the hosting companies, Shopify and DreamHost, should invoke their ability to disable and terminate the websites. The group argues that the two sites sell "the sort of products that have already caused scores of senseless deaths — and are likely to cause many more, unless taken off the market."

Continue Reading: https://nypost.com/2017/11/25/ghost-gun-sellers-under-fire-from-gun-control-group/

Ban CNC machining, 3D printing, drill presses, and files. Ban "precursor" materials like cold-rolled steel plate and bar.

These idiots never heard of Khyber Pass gunmakers? :rolleyes:

Attorneys for the gun control advocacy group said the homemade weapons are increasingly being used in crimes and asked each of the companies to "invoke its policies to help stem the tide of this illegal, deadly behavior."
Show me the evidence? :confused: Anti gun side makes this crap up but nobody in the mainstream media calls them on this crap.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

because criminals are SUPER LIKELY to build an 80% firearm.

"ya homie, i cant pass no BGC so imma spend $600 on tools to make my own gat"

ya. homie dont play that.

Why would a criminal make a gun ...when he can steal one or buy a already stolen and assembled gun from another criminal?
A ban on "Ghost Guns" ... is a step closer to a ban on gun parts.
Andy

Yeah.. I read about that.
I have always thought that if one gun or type of gun is banned , then it makes it much easier to ban all guns.

That said I am a history nerd with combat experience...I know what happens when the "common man" feels that he is no longer represented by his government.
From both my reading of history and life experiences , I know on which side I'll stand...
Andy

Like the Patriot Act, once you give up a little freedom they take a lot. We used to joke about Russia as kids. No privacy or personal freedom. Who's joking now?

It's already is in play in some communities. Government has no respect for those under the government's thumb. Who are you going to complain too? From welfare, unemployment, medicare even being out on bail (innocent until proven guilty) once you sign up they own you. It's not about guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top