Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Get Joey a job and get a free gun or $300!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joe Link, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Like many of you, I'm having a tough time finding a decent job right now. Instead of getting a seasonal retail job this winter I'd rather throw this offer out there in hopes of finding a more permanent position with a regular schedule that would still allow me to work the NWFA booth the shows on the weekends and continue maintaining the site.

It's simple, here's how it'll work. If you refer me to a decent job in the Portland Metro area with a reasonable schedule and a decent wage, and I'm hired, I'll give you $300. I don't mean to be picky, but I can (and will if this doesn't pan out) land a long-hour low-pay position myself. I can assure you I'm well-dressed, well-groomed, clean, drug-free, I have a clean background and a clean driving record. My area of expertise is with computers, but I'll consider any job. Jenny laughed at me when I told her I was going to do this but desperate times call for desperate measures as they say, and I need a source of income if I'm going to be able to continue building this site. I appreciate your help everyone, send me a PM if you think you might have something. Game on! :)

2. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

There will be a bunch of positions opening up in a few months at my company... a lot of people are retiring -- sadly that doesn't help you right now :(

We had one position open up - but it was only for 1-year... so that is a temp in my book :(

3. Platt05

Platt05 Washington Member

Might not be exactly the 9-5 you're looking for but gravitatedesign.com is hiring for contract account reps. I'm helping with some of their hiring. Close a deal or two a month and you should be alright.

Don't worry about the $300 if you're interested. This site is thanks enough.

4. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Portland metro area huh? How about it to a multi-year paid basic membership?

SF-

5. numbnutz

numbnutz molalla Active Member

I work for a company called A-temp heating,we are hiring people right now. I'm not sure what they would start you out at but its worth a shot. As of right now I have been working 40+ work weeks. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck to ya!

6. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

I don't know if you are management material or not, but, even in these hard times, stores like Bi-Mart and Walmart are expanding. They are always on the lookout for managers. If you choose Walmart, you could be in Portland one year, Denver the next, Miami next, etc. You might even end up in Chicago or D.C.! I wouldn't like that. However, according to their little sales book they send out each month, Bi-Mart only has stores in 3 states, Oregon, Washington and Idaho. That would be preferable for me. No reward expected.

7. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

"Get me a job and I'll give you a gun!"

Sounds like a great human interest story for the paper or news stations...:) It would sure get some attention be it good or bad.

I wish you luck on your job search and I'll look at our jobs board to see if we need any I.T. people.

8. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

Wish I had a job to give you. Can't find one myself.

Good luck though.

9. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

10. gtivan

gtivan Salem Member

check out "oregon state jobs".

Currently 1 IT job in portland and 1 in tigard.

They are supposed to pay less than private sector, but the benfits and retirement rules.

Don't forget county or city jobs.

11. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

:winner: This is what everybody should be sayin. Thanks for all the time and effort on NWFA and NW Conservative. I dont have any recommendations for you, but good luck Joey I hope you find work soon.

12. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Wa'dat?

13. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

When did Joey close NW Conservative? Havent logged on there in a few weeks, so it had to be recently....Just tried to access the site and it said "404 Not Found".....?????

14. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Domain issues, it'll be back up very soon ;)

Thanks for all the tips guys, I'll be following up on them tonight and tomorrow!

15. PrDubi

PrDubi Deep in the heart of Dirty South Salem Active Member

consider being a contractor?

The ones doing The Army Corp of Engineers are S n K and LOCKHEED.

They are hiring from what I was told for computer stuff.

16. smithmax

smithmax here Member

Here's something to check out, it's a weekly .doc of oregon jobs. There are usually a few IT jobs in it.

Oregon Weekly Jobs

Also, let's not bust Joey's chops about this, that seems like looking the gift horse in the mouth.

17. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

UPS is always hiring and they claim no weekend work but week days could be 8am to 8pm. Driver you assist will pick you up and drop you off at your door or an previously agreed upon location.

18. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Hey joey there are a few fed jobs in oregon open

19. Lars

Lars Clackamas Active Member

Joey,

Did you find a job yet?

Lars