JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody know what a gerber boot knife would be worth from the 70's.
It says designed by r.w. lovelesson one side along with Gerber Portland Ore usa and on the other side 028213 and on the handle it says guardian. leather pouch has a fixed metal clip. 85% condition

gerber guardian.jpg

The model should be the Guardian, ide say somewhere around 50 bucks. Some early Gerbers like that are worth more, but they need to be in mint condition. I kinda collect double edged Gerbers, so if you feel like getting rid of it, let me know and ill see if we can make a deal.

I have a question. Is it legal to carry a knife like this? I inherited one from my father. He recieved it as a safety award from Wah-Chang when he worked for them,( as ironic as that is, here you have been safe, have a double edge knife) Well anyway, that is my question.

We get knives as construction awards, as far as legality, I know this knife is not legal in Seattle and Tacoma, no fixed blades, but other than that not sure but would assume illegal.

Ok i think i have my answer. I read all the helpful info two posts down from this one. Thanks for all the info. Still might bend the rules. I like to carry this knife. But like most people on here i am sure, the knife i carry is the least of their worries.

I have a question. Is it legal to carry a knife like this? I inherited one from my father. He recieved it as a safety award from Wah-Chang when he worked for them,( as ironic as that is, here you have been safe, have a double edge knife) Well anyway, that is my question.

Given the double edge, I don't think it would be. Portland laws are pretty specific against dagger type weapons I think.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top