Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gerber boot knife (portland)

Discussion in 'Knives & Other Discussion' started by toddt36, Mar 1, 2010.

1. toddt36

toddt36 tacoma Member

Anybody know what a gerber boot knife would be worth from the 70's.
    It says designed by r.w. lovelesson one side along with Gerber Portland Ore usa and on the other side 028213 and on the handle it says guardian. leather pouch has a fixed metal clip. 85% condition

gerber guardian.jpg

2. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

I don't know, but I am sure that it would depend on the model and the condition - and for a niche collectible like that, finding the right buyer.

Also, please post pictures. :D

3. M.Link

M.Link Guest

The model should be the Guardian, ide say somewhere around 50 bucks. Some early Gerbers like that are worth more, but they need to be in mint condition. I kinda collect double edged Gerbers, so if you feel like getting rid of it, let me know and ill see if we can make a deal.

4. mommabronco79

mommabronco79 McMinnville Member

I have a question. Is it legal to carry a knife like this? I inherited one from my father. He recieved it as a safety award from Wah-Chang when he worked for them,( as ironic as that is, here you have been safe, have a double edge knife) Well anyway, that is my question.

5. toddt36

toddt36 tacoma Member

We get knives as construction awards, as far as legality, I know this knife is not legal in Seattle and Tacoma, no fixed blades, but other than that not sure but would assume illegal.

6. mommabronco79

mommabronco79 McMinnville Member

Ok i think i have my answer. I read all the helpful info two posts down from this one. Thanks for all the info. Still might bend the rules. I like to carry this knife. But like most people on here i am sure, the knife i carry is the least of their worries.

7. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

Given the double edge, I don't think it would be. Portland laws are pretty specific against dagger type weapons I think.