Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

George Zimmerman will reportedly receive $3.2 million

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chee-to, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Yes, it's gun related...

Guess Who’ll Play Trayvon Martin In Will Smith’s New Film

Jaden_Will.jpg

Thought the world has had enough of Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman? Think again.

Hollywood strikes again as actor Will Smith announced he will begin production on his upcoming Trayvon Martin film, which is set to hit theaters Spring 2015.

Just who could capture the monumentally controversial role? Apparently Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment – responsible for I Am Legend, Hancock, and The Karate Kid – believes Will’s son Jaden Smith fits the role perfectly.

400x320xtrayvon-bird-e13416670719841.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.jbo6j2Dxvd1.jpg

In a statement to reporters, Smith said, “It’s obvious that he’s not America’s sweetheart right now but his story is intriguing and it needs to be heard. Hitler wasn’t popular. Does that mean his story is any less interesting? Of course not. Slave masters aren’t popular but 12 Years a Slave was phenomenal. Wait until you see the finished product and judge for yourself.”

It’s safe to say that Smith wasn’t comparing Hitler and “slave masters” to Trayvon Martin, but probably to George Zimmerman, who will likely be played by Wilmer Valderrama.

George Zimmerman will reportedly receive $3.2 million from Overbrook Entertainment for his participation as a consultant.

There has been no word if Smith will also work with Trayvon Martin’s family for insight.

Production is scheduled to begin in the Fall of 2014.

2. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

As divisive as the story is, I just can't see much good coming from rehashing it. Yes, I'm prejudging and probably shouldn't do that. Just wondering what the result will be on race relations.

pokerace likes this.
  3. TOVO

TOVO SW WA. Active Member

I don't really see how you can make a 2 hour movie out of the events from that day. But, it is Hollywood. Maybe the President will play Trayvon's dad as he said if he had a son it would look like Trayvon. Just a thought.

Caveman Jim, orygun and Mikej like this.
  4. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Will Smith's son is going to play the role of a 6', 160lb football player?

Yeah, Jadan Smith vs. Wilmer Valderrama isn't going to seam one-sided at all...

5. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

One of Obama's sons??o_O

orygun, jluck and titsonritz like this.
  6. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

The idea for a movie like this is just stupid.

I bet the black community comes down hard on Smith for paying Zimmerman.

Redcap and orygun like this.
  7. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I think 90% of blacks think OJ is innocent.. it'll get et up by the left.

iusmc2002 likes this.
  8. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

I'll be sure to miss that one when it comes out.
    How much money will Skittles get?

pokerace and mjbskwim like this.
  9. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Yeah nothing like hollywood stiring up the racewars again. What a joke.
    Hopefully they don't portray trayvon as the church going, straight A, choir boy who helps old ladies across the street like the media did.

Caveman Jim and orygun like this.
  10. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hey if Valerie Bertinelli valerie-bertinelli-005-1.jpg

Can play Poncho Barnes
    panchobarnes.jpg
    Then I say WHY NOT

For those of you who don't know who Poncho Barnes was she was a very famous woman air racing pilot and later in life ran the Happy Bottom Riding Club where Chuck Yeager and the other post WWII Edwards AF base Test pilots did their drinking and carrying on. In fact it was at her place Chuck fell off a horse and hurt his arm the evening before the Flight that broke the Sound Barrier and it almost had to be cancelled because he could shut the door of the X1 with his bum arm (a section of broom handle was cut to give added leverage) And the rest is history.

Chuck Yeager once Said Poncho's face looked like a Bucket of Worms hit with a shovel. Or something to that effect.

Certaindeaf likes this.
  11. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Will smiths films suck anymore these days. Bagger Vance was decent. But I also think George Zimmerman is a total dbag. Then theres Jayden smith. Yea he can act! Lol!

12. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

No good can come of this.
    Tayvon was not the innocent happy go lucky down on his luck inner city kid.

This will rehash even more racial tensions.. Which I guess is what they want. Ill bet you there is a big anti firearm message in the movie..
    :confused:

clearconscience and 3MTA3 like this.
  13. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Ya, no matter how they portray it, somebody is gonna be all butthurt.......I'm wondering if it's going to be an anti "stand your ground" hit piece ?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Redcap likes this.
  14. Will

Will Everett Active Member

Nothing good came from the event when it happened and no good can come from making this movie.

15. Boomer50

Boomer50 Portland Member

I wonder if they will DARE to show Zimmerman as he actually was: a bloody mess with his nose smashed flat and SIDEWAYS and three separate splits in the back of his head? He was still bloody after standing in the rain with the police for an hour or more. The police photos looked like he was in deep shock too.

16. semperfi68to70

semperfi68to70 South Salem, Oregon Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I think they just don't care if he is guilty or not.