JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, it's gun related...

Guess Who'll Play Trayvon Martin In Will Smith's New Film

Jaden_Will.jpg

Thought the world has had enough of Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman? Think again.

Hollywood strikes again as actor Will Smith announced he will begin production on his upcoming Trayvon Martin film, which is set to hit theaters Spring 2015.

Just who could capture the monumentally controversial role? Apparently Will Smith's Overbrook Entertainment – responsible for I Am Legend, Hancock, and The Karate Kid – believes Will's son Jaden Smith fits the role perfectly.

<broken link removed>

In <broken link removed> , Smith said, "It's obvious that he's not America's sweetheart right now but his story is intriguing and it needs to be heard. Hitler wasn't popular. Does that mean his story is any less interesting? Of course not. Slave masters aren't popular but 12 Years a Slave was phenomenal. Wait until you see the finished product and judge for yourself."

It's safe to say that Smith wasn't comparing Hitler and "slave masters" to Trayvon Martin, but probably to George Zimmerman, who will likely be played by Wilmer Valderrama.

George Zimmerman will <broken link removed> receive $3.2 million from Overbrook Entertainment for his participation as a consultant.

There has been no word if Smith will also work with Trayvon Martin's family for insight.

Production is scheduled to begin in the Fall of 2014. 400x320xtrayvon-bird-e13416670719841.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.jbo6j2Dxvd1.jpg

As divisive as the story is, I just can't see much good coming from rehashing it. Yes, I'm prejudging and probably shouldn't do that. Just wondering what the result will be on race relations.

I don't really see how you can make a 2 hour movie out of the events from that day. But, it is Hollywood. Maybe the President will play Trayvon's dad as he said if he had a son it would look like Trayvon. Just a thought.

Yeah nothing like hollywood stiring up the racewars again. What a joke.
Hopefully they don't portray trayvon as the church going, straight A, choir boy who helps old ladies across the street like the media did.

Hey if Valerie Bertinelli valerie-bertinelli-005-1.jpg

Can play Poncho Barnes
panchobarnes.jpg
Then I say WHY NOT

For those of you who don't know who Poncho Barnes was she was a very famous woman air racing pilot and later in life ran the Happy Bottom Riding Club where Chuck Yeager and the other post WWII Edwards AF base Test pilots did their drinking and carrying on. In fact it was at her place Chuck fell off a horse and hurt his arm the evening before the Flight that broke the Sound Barrier and it almost had to be cancelled because he could shut the door of the X1 with his bum arm (a section of broom handle was cut to give added leverage) And the rest is history.

Chuck Yeager once Said Poncho's face looked like a Bucket of Worms hit with a shovel. Or something to that effect.

No good can come of this.
Tayvon was not the innocent happy go lucky down on his luck inner city kid.

This will rehash even more racial tensions.. Which I guess is what they want. Ill bet you there is a big anti firearm message in the movie..
:confused:

No good can come of this.
Tayvon was not the innocent happy go lucky down on his luck inner city kid.

This will rehash even more racial tensions.. Which I guess is what they want. Ill bet you there is a big anti firearm message in the movie..
:confused:
Ya, no matter how they portray it, somebody is gonna be all butthurt.......I'm wondering if it's going to be an anti "stand your ground" hit piece ?

Last Edited:
I wonder if they will DARE to show Zimmerman as he actually was: a bloody mess with his nose smashed flat and SIDEWAYS and three separate splits in the back of his head? He was still bloody after standing in the rain with the police for an hour or more. The police photos looked like he was in deep shock too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top