JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have any ideas on cheap gear bags? Going to range with some family and don't want to bring 10 different gun cases and bags of ammo. But I don't want to just shove it all in a duffle bag either. But I don't want to 75$ on some insane "call of duty, halo" approved military bag. So seeing what other people do.

I have a few "truck boxes" I use for going to the range - the plastic foot locker type boxes with the lid that latches on so it doesn't fly off driving the truck to the range. I have one with my cleaning kit, a few tools, some spray grease, etc. with room for ammo and a few smaller range bags to fit too. Years ago I picked up some fly fishing bags on clearance at wally world for $6 each - I have them set up with all the stuff I need for various guns - one for the revolvers with speed loaders, one for the .22 stuff, and a few for long guns. Its easy to grab the appropriate range bags and toss them in the go box.
I did notice that wally world has the plastic foot lockers with the hinged lid and wheels on one corner for $19 the other day. That would work well for gear and pistols in soft cases, maybe even smaller rifles but any of the longer ones won't fit.

that home depot bag looks great for hand guns, and ammo. but what about long guns. i dont know if the "foot locker, truck box" would work. its the long guns that are the issue.. there so long, plus if you have scoped you dont want them banging around. i can put them in individual cases, or soft cases, and toss em in my tool box in my truck, or back seat. but then luggin them to the shooting station. a wheeled tote sounds decent. my gf has one that may fit long guns. would some kind of luggage work? might be kinda of funny going to gun range with a giant travel bag full of guns and ammo. lol but once again price is issue on those.

she has something kinda like this
http://www.lodgingkit.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/ruffneck.jpg

For handguns, magazines, ammo, earplugs, and earmuffs, I use a US PeaceKeeper medium bag. If I'm bringing more than 3 guns and 1-2 boxes of ammo for each, I'll bring a GI ammo can for the ammo and carry everything else in the bag. The US PeaceKeeper bag is really nice. I've had it for a couple of years now and it's holding up well.

Amazon.com: US PeaceKeeper Medium Range Bag (Black, Medium): Sports & Outdoors

For rifles, I just use a plain padded nylon or canvas rifle case. Something along the lines of this: Amazon.com: VISM by NcStarNcStar Gun Case: Sports & Outdoors (but I don't actually have this one). There's always a gun case vendor at the WAC gun shows and I've bought about 5 cases from them over the years. And I also will just pick one up at a gun shop if I need one in-between shows.

I've found that the magazine pouches on these kinds of rifle cases do a good job of holding 20 round .223/5.56 ammo boxes too. I can get 2 boxes per pouch. So, a couple of magazines and 6 boxes of ammo. I never spend more than about $30-40 on one of these rifle cases. And I've never had one wear out on me...I think my oldest one is probably 20 years old now and it's in perfect shape.

If you are ok with the color this is a screaming deal. Check out the normal price tag:

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Both for 100 bucks shipped!!! In fact, I need to post this under great deals.

At those prices you can tell the 'wars' are winding down. That and ACU pattern is about to become obsolete.

SF-

EDIT: yup its the color pattern After checking out their web site the same bag in any other color goes for $442.00. So yeah its a great bag just a stupid color pattern.

I get those zippered rectangular one-pistol bags at the gun shows for $10-12 (not the triangle ones). About the size of a skinny lunchpail, they have a small zipped pocket on the outside for allen wrenches, spare batteries, earplugs, etc. Magazine elastics inside and side compartments to keep other metal parts from touching your gun. Room for a box of centerfire shells or a few boxes of .22.

I have black and olive drab so far so I can tell which .22 I'm grabbing. Didn't buy the digital cammo yet, but that's next. I think I saw pink, but that's too festive for my needs.

My buddy has a dozen in black, which he marks with a white laundry pen so he can tell them apart (1911, MkII, 9mm, etc.).

Not super protective like a foam lined hard shell case, but I don't throw my weps around in anything. Nice way to keep organized if you have a bunch... but that's a good problem, yes?

The midway competition range bag is pretty sweet. about 50 bucks and holds everything i need. 2-3 gun setups and eyes and ears fit well. has a removable thing that fits an ammo can really well. (the 30 cal ammo cans)

they have one thats a little smaller for like 35 dollars.

its pretty sturdy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads