JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good day,
Can anyone be specific about what parts/features are different between a Stainless Bright Colt Gold Cup National Match Enhanced and a new Gold Cup Trophy. Both are 80 Series with trigger safety.
Please confirm/disagree and add any items.
1. Steel Trigger vs Aluminum Trigger
2. Depressor and depressor spring unnecessary on Trophy due to Aluminum trigger.
3. Cosmetic differences due to the Enhanced having undercut triggerquard and grip serrations on the front strap. No rib on slide for Trophy model and thus different sights.
Need info on any other internal parts that are different or features that are different. Thanks for any information you can help me with.
rhtwist

Well I don't have a GCNM, but I can help you with questions on the GCT..

#2: this is true. My GCT does not have those extra parts.
#3: don't have any pictures of a GCNM handy, but the GCT does not have an undercut trigger guard, and there is no texturing on the frontstrap because it comes with the wraparound rubber grip

There is no ribbing on my GCT, however it's my understanding there are two versions out there. The older one has the Colt-Eliason style rear sight, and thus probably has ribs. Mine has a Bomar style sight, and is just a plain rounded top.

Hello gregmli,
Thank you for responding. I hope you are enjoying your GCT. I'm mostly trying to confirm if anyone knows if the sear and hammer were different with the Gold Cup National Match and the Gold Cup Trophy with both having the Series 80 style trigger block safety. Take care. Thinking about getting a .22LR conversion kit and putting it on a frame with the price of commercial .45 ACP.
rhtwist

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top