JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The gun's not even built and already some of its parts are showing wear from fitting. I contacted Vltor about "factory spec" finish for my CASV handguard, and they told me the factory finish was Gunkote 2416F Foliage Green.

Ok, resto spec in hand, now I want to finish the upper to match it. Cerakote FG doesn't match, CK Highland Green looks closer on the charts but is "not quite right" in a different direction. Unfortunately, I'm not sharp enough to tell HOW they differ, just that they do...

So, two questions. One, any of you guys ever had a similar situation for a customer, and were you able to custom blend a Cerakote finish to match a KG "reference" color? Two: for protecting my CASV's finish from further scratching and restore "factory look", would I be better off to have the Gunkote touched up with a Matte Clear Cerakote topcoat over it, or just have the whole enchilada redone in custom-mix Cerakote alongside the rest of the upper?

Well, a third. If I'm doing an EPL and want to have it refinished, can I ship the machined lower, have it done and shipped back to myself as a "subcontract" like engraving, or do I need to have the finishing done before I go to work for it to not have to go through the full FFL process?

I actually have a can of what I think is foliage green KG that my buddy gave me... I can't tell for sure though.. the label is ripped...
do you have access to an air brush?

IMG_3174.JPG

I think your right looks like a 2. Bummer so close, Ida just given it to you. He gave me a can of OG black, Flat Desert Tan, and Flat Dark Earth to play with too... when I finally get the crap to apply it.

Not a lot of difference in shade there, but certainly enough. Probably going to be different no matter what. You'l probably have to respray the whole thing if you want it to be perfect. Or you can just say eff it like FN did with the Scar, and do every piece a different shade:D
5325329F-B2F7-4FA3-91E3-52B1054D05B7-2276-00000327E79D0FC5_tmp.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top