JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It always annoys me. It is so expensive to drive anywhere. I only had a few years of driving in the "good old times," sure wish I would of had some more time when gas was under a buck.

The media's darling is in office.
Waddaya expect?

Now when it was GWB in office, it was all about "his oil industry cronies" makin' bank off the backs of taxpayers.

Silly wabbit, you haven't figured out how this works yet have you?

It always annoys me. It is so expensive to drive anywhere. I only had a few years of driving in the "good old times," sure wish I would of had some more time when gas was under a buck.

I have always tried to buy things locally, and really it wasn't too hard, because even if I had to drive to get it, it would be cheaper then purchasing it online, and I could support my local community. It occurred to me the other day, with gas prices they way they are, this may no longer be true. I had to run errands the other day and pick up parts for my refrigerator, and my kitchen faucet. By the time I was done with the trip, I had traveled 50 miles, which with my car is about 2 gallons of gas. At 3.65, that's $7.30 which is close to what I would have payed in shipping on one of the items. If I could have found them both at the same place, depending on shipping options it was very close to being cheaper, and I get the added bonus or more time on my end and less wear and tear on my car. If gas continues to rise, it will make sense that shipping costs will too, but I figure we'll reach a point where it's cheaper to buy online and have it shipped, then driving to pick it up locally, which will be a sad day for small businesses.

Well and this is just further control, isn't it? By jacking the fuel prices so high, they keep folks at home and less likely to interact with each other. Not to mention with the talk of an internet tax for the tings we buy online.

It's not just guns people, they are already controlling and restricting movement. If you don't have enough money you are not allowed to move freely.

Sure glad I had alot of time with it under $.30 cents. That way I won't have alot of time with it over $4.00 Bucks.

We're like frogs in boiling water if you turn the heat up quick, you would see angry masses and possibly a revoult, If you turn up the temp slowly, like say, sense 2008, then the masses tend not to notice.

I'm wanting to buy a new truck and gas milage is my top priority? I thought all the Bush hating libs said the last 3 wars were for oil. Maybe they ain't as smart as as they think they are.:s0160: This is America dammit! $4 gas is unacceptible!

We are making the middle east filthy rich and won't even touch our own reserves.
By the time we get around to tapping our own oil there will be another viable energy source developed (hydrogen, electric, water, who knows) and oil won't be needed.
:s0054:

technically_recoverable-500x281.jpg

technically_recoverable-500x281.jpg

It's been said over and over that the US could be the largest producer of oil in the world. But Obama will not let it happen. I like how the oil companies work the price of gas. Raise it high and drop it back almost to the old price and then raise it higher and drop it back. That way WE the SHEPOLE are happy the price went down.

I like how the oil companies work the price of gas.
Our government takes more in taxes than the oil companies profit. With all of the EPA regs and state special blends + winter and summer blends................I think you should be more pissed at the government than the oil companies.

According to the wiki (Energy subsidies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) fossil fuel was given $523 billion in 2011 in subsidies.

Now, I'm all for cutting those subsidies, but only as long as people will be willing to pay $7.50 a gallon for fuel. Which, maybe I would be willing to pay actually if that $523 billion can come back to the tax payer. I would like the (bad math) $1750 bucks back a year. Wouldn't you? Even if I had to turn around and pay it at the pump, at least I would have the choice to do that. Rather than the government giving it to the big-5 oil companies.

According to the wiki (Energy subsidies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) fossil fuel was given $523 billion in 2011 in subsidies.

Now, I'm all for cutting those subsidies, but only as long as people will be willing to pay $7.50 a gallon for fuel. Which, maybe I would be willing to pay actually if that $523 billion can come back to the tax payer. I would like the (bad math) $1750 bucks back a year. Wouldn't you? Even if I had to turn around and pay it at the pump, at least I would have the choice to do that. Rather than the government giving it to the big-5 oil companies.

Most of the " subsidies " are from writing of the cost of equipment, tools and vehicles used in their business, Just like any other business.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top