Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gas Price Sneakers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 44mag2ndamend, Sep 7, 2014.

1. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

2. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Possibly due to federal DOT funding cuts. ODOT is hard pressed to fund the projects they had planned on doing.

3. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

That and the mandated increased efficiency standards and tax breaks on electric cars have driven down the amount of gas people are buying. They did it to themselves.

Caveman Jim and Redcap like this.
  4. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I think people are buying fewer gallons of fuel simply because at $4/gal you simply have to make changes in your life. A few years ago I had two rigs that I drove, A 2004 F250 Diesel and a 1996 GMC one ton van. A year ago or so I bought a little Nissan that gets 30 MPG, cut my fuel consumption by 60% I am not alone, people simply cant drive something that gets 10 MPG anymore. You see how cheap big block trucks have gotten?

5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I used to spend $200+ a month for fuel just for fishing.
    That's when fuel was around $2.50 a gallon, now I limit my fishing due to $4 per gallon prices. Don't get me wrong I love fishing but just can't afford filling thetank & going like I uused to. ...