JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a friend who said he has several free float handguards for me to try out if I don't like the groups I get with the standard guards, so I'm holding off on all purchases for right now.

My upper is due to arrive today, two full days before my lower parts build, even though I order the damned lower parts three days prior! I was told Palmetto was slow on shipping but come on!

The upper arrived. Looks about as standard as an upper can get. LPK won't be here 'til Monday.

Balls.

Anyway, it's heavier than I expected. I guess that's the 20" rifle length for you. Still glad I got that instead of another carbine.

For those of you who replied to my questions about AR gas blocks, I ordered an upper with a standard A3 front sight gas block and was originally going to go with a Magpul Mlok handguard. Well it seems that everything from everyone has finally gotten under my skin, and I cancelled the order for the Magpul and would now like to go with the free float option.

My question now is, are there any rifle length free-float handguards that are worth a damn AND won't break the bank? I found this one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-inch-Fre...626886?hash=item25b000b746:g:xlsAAOSw~bFWKXIm

Is it worth a damn? Anything else to recommend like it? Whatever I end up going with, I HAVE to be able to put a front sling swivel mount on it.

I hate quadrail handguards myself. I find them on the whole to be quite uncomfortable and totally unergonomic.

Much better to get a handguard where you can simply add rails where you need then. At least that is my personal preference.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads