JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I have had a few Jams with my used g43.

Some issues with extractor, but after a detailed strip and clean those seem to be fixed.

Now the issue I have is a few HST rounds want to hang up on the feed ramp. This occurs live fire with factory mags with aftermarket baseplates. Next time I go out I will test with stock mag. Burning through lots of HST $$$! ( I need to test more tonight with stock mag and aftermarket mag letting the slide run home on its own. )

If I hand cycle the slide slowly, the ammunition pops out of the mag and is not retained by the extractor. The reason this concerns me, is that NONE of my full size glocks or HKs do this. The extractor grabs the case rim and controlls the round all the way in, even cycling the slide very slowly.

I understand this is not the correct mode of operation, but when 1/4 guns is different it concerns me. I called glock and the tech kind of snootily told me the gun wasn't designed to operate slowly (duh?)

Can someone please hand cycle their g43 with HSTs or ball ammo and tell me is the round pops out or is controlled by the extractor?

hand cycling is not going to prove anything. have you had anyone else shoot your pistol? you sure its the pistol? grip it tight, you control the pistol not the pistol control you.

which hst version?

124 grain HST.

I am 90% sure it is not limp wristing. I am an experienced shooter. I can shoot a 10mm fast.

Just wondering if anyine else sees similar results cylcing it slow, given that all my other guns run fine slowly cycling them.

A lot of people have issues with extended capacity basepads and defensive ammo in the g43. I've not had any issues myself but ROing at a GSSF matches the only issues I saw with the 43 where with extended basepads and Speer lawman 147s which mimic defensive ammo. The factory armorer said that the mag springs can be to week with the increased slide speed from defensive ammo with the +1,+2,+3ect basepads. My first thing to try would be a factory unmodified mag.

A lot of people have issues with extended capacity basepads and defensive ammo in the g43. I've not had any issues myself but ROing at a GSSF matches the only issues I saw with the 43 where with extended basepads and Speer lawman 147s which mimic defensive ammo. The factory armorer said that the mag springs can be to week with the increased slide speed from defensive ammo with the +1,+2,+3ect basepads. My first thing to try would be a factory unmodified mag.

Thanks. I will try the oem mag next time.

I will say the +2 plates I used do come with longer springs.

Wait, what?

A Glock that is not reliable?

Hey everybody we finally found a Glock that isn't reliable!

They do exist!!!!!!! :) :)

I have had 3 HKs only 1 or 2 non ammo related failures in thousands of rounds. My g20 had a ton of issues when I got it, and now this. I am not a huge glock fan.

still so no one else has shot it, just you?

Ive seen people say their gun has issues than I shoot it no issue.

the 43 is small unless you get a good grip it can do that. same as the 365.

Help needed?

Pistol classified thread can be accessed through menu bar on top. Please include a photo and asking price in the post.

www.armslist.com

www.gunbroker.com
Help needed?

Pistol classified thread can be accessed through menu bar on top. Please include a photo and asking price in the post.

www.armslist.com

www.gunbroker.com
Capture+_2019-05-09-16-06-37-1.png

I hear you say you're experienced and I believe you. I hear you say you're usually the guy who shoots other's "problem" guns and they function fine and I believe you, however; don't let an ego, even a small one, get in the way of getting things running right. Sometimes the stars just align against you

I hear you say you're experienced and I believe you. I hear you say you're usually the guy who shoots other's "problem" guns and they function fine and I believe you, however; don't let an ego, even a small one, get in the way of getting things running right. Sometimes the stars just align against you

Good points. I will have some friends shoot it this weekend.

Good points. I will have some friends shoot it this weekend.
When i first started shooting a 43 i had lots of issues. I ended up realizing my gloves were slowing the slide enough to cause failure to feeds. I adjusted my grip slightly and have had zero issues since.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top