JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never had a problem with our G43, but I only shoot UMC or Blazer Brass 115gr

The G42 though...not so happy with any ammo with less than 185ft/lbs energy

Hi all,

I have had a few Jams with my used g43.

Some issues with extractor, but after a detailed strip and clean those seem to be fixed.

Now the issue I have is a few HST rounds want to hang up on the feed ramp. This occurs live fire with factory mags with aftermarket baseplates. Next time I go out I will test with stock mag. Burning through lots of HST $$$! ( I need to test more tonight with stock mag and aftermarket mag letting the slide run home on its own. )

If I hand cycle the slide slowly, the ammunition pops out of the mag and is not retained by the extractor. The reason this concerns me, is that NONE of my full size glocks or HKs do this. The extractor grabs the case rim and controlls the round all the way in, even cycling the slide very slowly.

I understand this is not the correct mode of operation, but when 1/4 guns is different it concerns me. I called glock and the tech kind of snootily told me the gun wasn't designed to operate slowly (duh?)

Can someone please hand cycle their g43 with HSTs or ball ammo and tell me is the round pops out or is controlled by the extractor?

Hi all,

I have had a few Jams with my used g43.

Some issues with extractor, but after a detailed strip and clean those seem to be fixed.

Now the issue I have is a few HST rounds want to hang up on the feed ramp. This occurs live fire with factory mags with aftermarket baseplates. Next time I go out I will test with stock mag. Burning through lots of HST $$$! ( I need to test more tonight with stock mag and aftermarket mag letting the slide run home on its own. )

If I hand cycle the slide slowly, the ammunition pops out of the mag and is not retained by the extractor. The reason this concerns me, is that NONE of my full size glocks or HKs do this. The extractor grabs the case rim and controlls the round all the way in, even cycling the slide very slowly.

I understand this is not the correct mode of operation, but when 1/4 guns is different it concerns me. I called glock and the tech kind of snootily told me the gun wasn't designed to operate slowly (duh?)

Can someone please hand cycle their g43 with HSTs or ball ammo and tell me is the round pops out or is controlled by the extractor?

The Department has been using Glocks for some time now but recently switched to Smith in a 40 for a better price. One thing both range master and a very long time Glock trainer stressed was according to the trainer, use only Glock parts, and always when chambering that first round or any from the magazine to the chamber, do not use the slide release, but grasp the slide and pull it to the rear until it travels the length where it stops and release it, letting the full force of travel the whole distance of travel. Don't ride the slide forward with your hand or rely on just the distance from the slide stop to closure. What the Tech may have been attempting to convey is not ridding the slide to battery. I have found feeding problems with others that are not generic and outside of a bad magazine with a feed ramp either dirty or rough. Also extractor dirty or weak spring problem coupled with a need of a cleaning. Seldom a bullet nose shape problem, but I have a 1911 that did have the same, but was cured with the feed ramp polished. Never a repeat after that with either lead of jacketed. Frustrating I know, but even more so if your EDC. You always will wonder if today if the functioning will be A OK. You never did say if it was just the first round only. If so, try not ridding the slide, and just snap that first round letting the first go the full travel. I carry both a G22 and G27. The shorter is a little more sensitive than the full sized 40. Many will change springs after a certain amount of rounds are fired. I change if I notice changes in performance. We train and use different stoppages to keep up skills on failures to fire or operate in different modes of malfunctions. Can't recall in real use having any failure to operate. Pretty tough weapon that is inspected and clean after each certification shoot at least twice a year. There has to be an Armorer near you that could inspect yours. Believe maybe a check to make sure it is in proper working condition if you are uncertain. Most dealers are also trained by Glock and pretty good at trouble shooting and trouble shooting if there may be a problem. One thing I always do is test All magazines and buy all of them brand and not lesser replacements. Those little devils are responsible for many pistol and rifle functioning problems and not just with Glocks. Best of luck to you, I'm sure you will get it worked out!

The guy at my LGS owns one and confirmed his will not slowfeed rounds.

I took it out last weekend. Fired 50 rds of HST.

Had 1 failure in eject early on, However after that I made sure to get a death grip on it, and no more jams after around 100 rds. Also had a friend shoot it, worked fine for him. Will keep shooting it and working on my grip.

Thinking shooter error/limp wrist at this point.

Another range trip, 150 rds FMJ, 15 rds of HST. No jams.

Definitly had to learn how to hold/shoot this gun, but I am consistantly amazed at how accurate it is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top