JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I considered something like this. Costco has/had something similar - but at $10 for each tube, it seemed easier to just get the whole light system for $25 that comes with 2 tubes.

I have a row of somewhat translucent fiberglass at the top of the back of my shop - but even on sunny days not near enough light comes through there to light up the shop.

My next shop is going to have a number of solar tubes, each with powered lighting, but I will still have quite a bit of the conventional LED lighting.

Mine has it on 3 sides (except at rear door) where the sun shines most, the small eave ilghts in front by the car are covered by rigid insulation so no help there (I just open the garage doors for extra light).
When I built it back in 2000 I bought a dozen 2'x4' (4) bulb fixtures from a commercial building & switched out the ballasts to the new (back then) ones. 10 are in the woodshop & 3) 8' fluorescent fixtures in the front work well for me.

Shop.JPG

I was in Costco Friday and noticed that they have those 4 foot LED (two tube) work area lights that look like fluorescents (but aren't) for $24 each after instant rebate. They are normally about $30 each. That is a fairly good deal. You can chain 4 of them together with their power cords.

I got five, I already had 2 - now I need to hang them in my shop - the high side (14' RV door with a 20' roof) doesn't have any lights over it and gets pretty dark in there.

FWIW
I bought four of them last year. Not one problem with them. I replaced an 8 footer and two 4 foot units with them. They are excellent!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top