JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An expert, no. But know enough to know when smoked bubblegum is on the menu.
Anybody can become a bonafide expert.
Somebody, somewhere, knows less than me. Makes me an expert, right?
Good to know some facts.
Books are a great way to learn from smart folks.
After Boy Scouts, and turning 18, I took Civil Defense courses on Radiological Monitoring.
That brought up questions that required some serious reading at libraries.
I read "On Thermonuclear War" by Herman Kahn, and others to get answers.
But I'm not good in math, so I couldn't prove stuff. All this before computers and Internet.
Three Mile Island
Chernobyl
San Onofre
Fukushima
Unwelcome truth isn't good for business, gov. hence, secrets.
As much as we wish it weren't so, we aren't entitled to the truth.
Journalists, detectives, try to reveal secrets.

So the more you know, the more you can decide if it's smoke or bullbubblegum.

I decided a way long time ago that Fukushima was seriously bad, and that there was no place to hide.
Same as Chernobyl or Mt Pinatubo or Krakatoa.
The Hawiians on Kawai were fatalistic as hell when I was there in 2011, they have nowhere to go too.

Get a book (if you can) "Nuclear War Survival Skills" by Kresson Kearney
It contains a wealth of information about atomic stuff.
Build your own dosimeter. Tin can, silk thread, piece of foil.

To quote a character in a John Ringo book, "We are so screwed!"
Happy new year!
Regards
Rick

That's a fact LOL! But I like not having to run a Geiger counter over every can before I consider eating it. Just the usual mercury seasoning in these. Speaking of which, anyone see the photos of the dead co-joined whale calves found off the west coast?
Ahh who cares ... you can't tell if a tuna has four eyes and two tails when it is compressed into a can!! :s0114:

the company plans to decontaminate all radioactive water stored in the tanks by March 2015

I wonder how they plan to do this. Maybe they will boil all the water adding strong acids to be sure all the material is dissolved. Then you could add compounds that to form a radioactive precipitate. Then bury the radioactive precipitate somewhere. Probably dump it in the ocean. I wonder how much radioactivity would be left in the water after such a chemical process. Ionizing radiation cannot be 'decontaminated', as it is in elemental form.

Gotcha, here's one.
Never Before Seen Conjoined Gray Whale Calves Discovered Off West Coast - Fukushima fallout? » Never Before Seen Conjoined Gray Whale Calves Discovered Off West Coast Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! 1526626_10152102623923459_1892342366_n.jpg

1526626_10152102623923459_1892342366_n.jpg

I wonder how they plan to do this. Maybe they will boil all the water adding strong acids to be sure all the material is dissolved. Then you could add compounds that to form a radioactive precipitate. Then bury the radioactive precipitate somewhere. Probably dump it in the ocean. I wonder how much radioactivity would be left in the water after such a chemical process. Ionizing radiation cannot be 'decontaminated', as it is in elemental form.

facepalm.jpg

facepalm.jpg

Heard on the radio...

Scientists Say Stop Worrying About Fukushima Radioactivity In Fish

Not a problem...

Delvan Neville, a PhD candidate in Radiation Health Physics at Oregon State University, has tested dozens of samples of albacore tuna for radioactivity. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s intervention levels for cesium 134 and cesium 137 is 1200 becquerels per kilogram. The highest levels he’s seen in his albacore, of both cesium 134 and cesium 137 combined, is 1 becquerel per kilogram - a level so low that his device couldn’t pick it up until he concentrated the samples.

Or, maybe a problem....

There is radioactive material from Fukushima making its way across the Pacific Ocean and it has already reached the West Coast in small amounts. The largest concentration of radioactive water released during the nuclear meltdown is moving in a plume across the middle of the Pacific, but models project that the majority of the radioactive water will sink or be pushed west again before it hits the U.S. Scientists are still debating how high those radioactivity levels could be

Or, maybe not...

Kim Martini says here on the West Coast, scientists have found very low levels of cesium from Fukushima:

“It’s about 20,000 times less than drinking water standards. And so what we like to say is it’s detectable but harmless.”

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top