JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
OP, get on the waitlist at TCGC and I'll spot you the the NRA membership (currently $10 for associate membership). There is no requirement from TCGC to maintain your NRA membership after you become a club member. Problem solved....:s0155:

The NRA is more than just the ILA and politics. The other side is about firearms safety training, hunter safety education, range development and safety. Because of this, most range insurance goes through them, and it has nothing to do with politics or kickbacks. It sounds likely that whoever you asked just knew it was a requirement, but didn't know why.

BTW, I'm not a Big fan of LaPierre either. I think it's high time for new leadership, but that's a whole different story, one that's been hashed and rehashed many times here.

As a former NRA certified instructor in Pistol and Shotgun disciplines, I know what both sides of the NRA are about. It's one of the reasons I choose not to renew. The NRA operates as a whole and you don't get a choice to where your membership funds go. Other organizations align with my beliefs more.

Ok Karens

B88A0DA8-0115-4688-B4B3-EA355320AF31.jpeg

It's ironic- I have a coworker who refuses to join the range where I'm a member, because of the requirement to join the NRA. He has plenty of guns (even black guns), but he hates the NRA because he thinks they're too hard-core on gun rights, and not willing to compromise for some "common-sense" regulations.

Threads like this are very disheartening. To me, they show how we as a group are often out own worst enemy. We shoot our wounded.

The F ___ d word is VERY demeaning to people (Me for one!) who LOVE and enjoy old, classic style firearms even IF we support the right to buy, shoot or carry ANY type of gun. Meaning we actually FIGHT for your RKBA when it comes to ALL firearms with our mouths, written word, vote, telephone calls and membership in various pro gun causes or VERY specific groups.

Plus many people who do own CLASSIC style firearms that shoot smokeless powder or black powder may own, shoot and carry the more modern style of firearms. IT depends on what their tastes are and in what they think is practical, quality made and beautiful in very specific BRAND names.

Lots of people who get called the F_d name may not even hunt even though the SIDE that calls them those names think that they only buy one box of ammo and shoot their firearm once or twice a year. (I am not knocking hunters OR people who do this in their lives when I say this here.)

Some of the people who get called the F__d name may have been (Past tense!) or still ARE high volume shooters and their DOLLARS have supported many GUN companies, ammunition companies, reloading supply companies and gun stores due to their VOLUME of purchases.

Plus we have gifted items to people not only in times of fake/real shortages, sold at our cost and/or donated items so people can LEARN TO SHOOT safely - do you still want to call us the F word?

What have YOU done to help other people in times of need or taught other people or helped them out in any manner? Have you brought new people into the sport or taught women about self defense issues or started classes for KIDS learning to shoot?

Some people who only shoot a small amount per year or NOW shoot a small amount should not be dismissed either since ALL of us keep the sport and RKBA issue alive!

The use of the F__d word is not only demeaning to many of us who are NOT who you think that we are since you 'assume something' - IT ONLY DIVIDES US.

I consider it another example of ALIENATING PEOPLE who have always been 100% supportive of the RKBA for ALL flavors of people and for ALL types of GUNS!

I am a hard core - pro RKBA political lady and I loathe the word F_____d.

I have lost some so called GUN and POLITICAL 'friends' (LOL - their LOSS not mine!) due to my hard core RKBA beliefs but if some OTHER clueless people LOOK at what I have previously owned, loved to shoot and may still own now in FIREARMS - some ignorant people would call me the F_d word even if I owned a few Glocks but I did not own THEIR TYPE of rifle or whatever in a GUN.

Old Lady Cate

THREAD CLOSED.

Rule #1

Be excellent to each other
Though this may sound a little 'out there', we couldn't phrase it better than our sixteenth president, Abraham Lincoln (captured on VHS circa 1989).

Websters defines excellent as "unusually good" or "much better than average". Our goal of welcoming all gun owners means you're likely to find a diverse group here. Going above and beyond when interacting with others you may disagree with is not easy, but it is a condition of your membership. You don't have to be warm and cuddly, but you do have to be courteous and respectful. When things get heated, simply avoid using the word you.

How you treat others here is a direct reflection on all gun owners, and believe us, people are watching. Opting for the high road is always the best choice, and arguing on the internet is pointless. Since we don't have time to babysit, we don't care who started it; most heated discussions result in both parties receiving a reminder. Continued friction between members is best dealt with via the ignore button.

This rule is purposely vague to inclusively prohibit a wide variety of rude, malicious, catty, sarcastic, hurtful, hateful, spiteful, barbed, and ornery behavior within the Northwest Firearms community including:

• General rudeness and disrespect (as outlined above).
  • Epithets, labels, and generalizations against another person or group of people, whether they are members here or not. These serve absolutely no purpose other than to divide us, directly opposite to our goal of uniting gun owners. This is especially relevant in regard to political labels (such as 'the liberal media', 'those right-wingers', and even 'left/right'). Pro-gun and anti-gun are the only labels that should be applied here, as we are a single issue community. This rule also applies to but is not limited to epithets, labels, and generalizations pertaining to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, ethnicity, nationality, occupation (such as law enforcement), and every other one you can think of. Disagreement over what constitutes a religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etcetra is not a legitimate excuse.
  • Using someone's affiliations as an ad hominem means of dismissing or discrediting their views regardless of whether said affiliations are mainstream. An example could be "you're a vegetarian, so what would you know about hunting?".
  • Linking to external attacks, harassment, or other material, for the purpose of attacking another member.
  • Comparing members to Nazis, dictators, or other infamous persons.
  • Accusations about personal behavior. If you believe a person's personal behavior is questionable, on or off the site, please contact a moderator.
  • Giving out personal information about another member, such as name, phone number, address, etc.
  • Threats, including, but not limited to:
    • Threats of legal action.
    • Threats of violence or other off-site action (particularly death threats).
    • Threats of physical or electronic vandalism.
    • Threats or actions which deliberately expose other members to political, religious or other persecution by government, their employer or any others.
    • Threats to give out personal information about another member.
These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is prohibited regardless of the manner in which it is done.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top