JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
i started a thread on the mumford act...its a video of colion noir talkin about it. in the video, he does call the NRA a bunch of fudds until the mid to late 60s when Harlon Carter took over as president. he was a no compromise guy.he opposed the GCA68 big time.

The NRA is far, far from perfect, and many (if not most) of us are extremely unhappy with leadership lately, but the fact is that there are lifelong "worker bee" NRA members around here who have worked very hard and effectively for decades, to protect your second amendment rights. Calling those guys Fudds is phenomenally insulting.

The hardcore attitude may make you feel good, but it's completely ineffective in the world of politics.

i started a thread on the mumford act...its a video of colion noir talkin about it. in the video, he does call the NRA a bunch of fudds until the mid to late 60s when Harlon Carter took over as president. he was a no compromise guy.he opposed the GCA68 big time.
Looking back all the way to 1934, and then up to 1986, I don't understand how Americans let that bubblegum happen.

Blatantly unconstitutional.

Looking back all the way to 1934, and then up to 1986, I don't understand how Americans let that bubblegum happen.

I don't understand how Washington let 1639 happen, but I don't go around calling them names.

There are a truckload of old Bash the NRA Threads on the Forum...most the content in them will simply be repeated here.
Is another one really needed....?

Stirring things up with name calling is not helpful in getting folks to agree with you or pass on your message.
Andy

There are a truckload of old Bash the NRA Threads on the Forum...most the content in them will simply be repeated here.

Stirring things up with name calling is not helpful in getting folks to agree with you or pass on your message.
Andy
I just want to support a local range without giving money to the NRA. That's my grievance, which is why I posted here asking why.

effectively for decades, to protect your second amendment rights
Ayy lmao, look where not being hardcore got us.

NFA, Hughes Amendment.

Nice going.

Andy
+1. Thanks Andy.

I'm with you on the membership enforcement aspect...not so much the fudd stuff. I was rudely surprised to find that all of the rifle ranges here required NRA memberships. (Note, this isn't how it's done where I'm from).

But, it's their range and they can oversee it how they see fit. Would I prefer to give my money to some other org to show my commitment to the cause? Absolutely.

Again, though, it's their range. And the cost in total is a pittance compared to another hobby I had for awhile, so I don't get to bent about it (little white ball drunk smacka-whacka-doodle).

Don't like the NRA, don't join. Don't like that clubs require a membership, don't join.

Wish the NRA would change direction, join and get involved in the organization.

Easy stuff

Ayy lmao, look where not being hardcore got us.

NFA, Hughes Amendment.

Nice going.
Yes, because we all voted for those...:rolleyes:

Casting aspersions on others in the gun community will help us how?

Several here have been fighting for our rights both here and abroad when some here where still being nursed by Momma...show some respect or maybe NWFA isn't for you...clear enough?

Besides belittling by means of terminology.

Having worked hand in hand with the NRA in a handful of projects at Wolf Creek. I can say without them, there wouldn't be much standardization.

If you look past the politics, I know some have a hard time with this, you'll see the accomplishments the NRA has made in terms of standardizing many aspects of shooting range design, safety, maintenance, and likely most important certification.

It may not mean much to some but the last one can be important to those that care to learn why.

You may have a local range, that is not NRA certified. Meaning, they operate outside of the safety standards that have become industry standard by means of the NRA.

Just think of training, would you rather be trained by someone random, or a NRA certified trainer? To some that certification still means a lot.

To me, having the NRA involved in a range is a nice price to pay for a peace of mind. That my range is up to standards for my safety and enjoyment.

Yes, Americans, not NRA members, which represented well less than .5% of the voting block. Perhaps now we are just over 1%. No argument on being unconstitutional.

Casting aspersions on others in the gun community will help us how?

Several here have been fighting for our rights both here and abroad when some here where still being nursed by Momma
Just to be clear, I called literally no one on this forum by name or directly, a fudd.

Second, that's a beautifully hypocritical post right there, one that is misguided.

"Hey babyface, no aspersions alright?" Noice.

The NRA also offers liability insurance to shooting ranges. Since options for that are so limited, many of them go with it.

^^^This^^^

We should abolish the NRA!

I'd like to defund their mailing list begging!!! ;)

I don't understand how Washington let 1639 happen, but I don't go around calling them names.

Well, I do.... ;);)

(little white ball drunk smacka-whacka-doodle).

It's how I learned to cuss...

Here are a few organizations that have decent ranges. They require a membership, but they don't charge for ammunition.

Marine Corp

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews