JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Many moons ago, I tried out a range and decided to become a member. They required an NRA membership, so I asked if my GOA and SAF memberships would suffice, as I was not an NRA member at the time. They refused, and wouldn't give a reason. I found it odd as I thought SAF, GOA and the NRA were on the same team, just different tactics.

Looks like it wasn't about preserving our rights, but the kickbacks they received.

Not sure I'm excellent?

Just smarter, richer, and better looking.

Also way more humble! :D
1593636167832.png

I've not read all the posts as NRA bashing isn't for me.

I'm a member of the NRA and proud of it.

I spend a whole $10.00 a year to be an associate member as my range requires NRA membership, but that's understandable as one of our guys who is a very active, contributing and positive member is also an NRA board member...and a very good guy.

But, if you don't like it?

Don't join.

Easy.

Just to be clear, I called literally no one on this forum by name or directly, a fudd.

Well, kinda. Since many of us on this forum are the folks on boards of, volunteering at, and otherwise supporting the policies of said clubs...then it was aimed directly at us. So as someone else noted, hard to be excellent when the convo starts off with a personal attack, by name or inference.

Not sure what an NRA membership costs these days, but even an annual is very cheap. If they require a membership, their space, their costs, their rules, just think about it as part of the included price of being a member there. Not a big deal. Part of being an NRA member can include the ability to vote in NRA elections, if the NRA isn't currently composed the way people think it should be, voting for it to be different is an option.

Supporting the NRA does not a fudd make.
My uncle has been a NRA member before I was even born, he still is and owns more AR15's than anyone I know.
He fully supports the constitution, trust me he is just as against all infringement of the 2nd amendment.
If he didn't get my father into firearms back when he(my uncle) had an FFL and sell to my father the rifles he did, I might not have grown up shooting.
He sold my father an SKS decades ago for $89 with over 50 stripper clips, and more than 1000 rounds of 7.62x39.

Why does just about every range with a lot of property, which offer memberships; require NRA memberships?

Wayne LaPierre pushed for the Machinegun ban to say in FOPA for that Traitor Reagan to sign into Law.

I don't understand why these ranges require NRA membership.

What gives?
I have been disappointed in the NRA a few times. I have been disappointed in many law makers I voted for too. I still vote for the law maker I feel is the best choice I have. I still give money to the NRA. If I want to shoot at some range I chose to follow their rules. If one of those rules is NRA member? Then I either join NRA or do not shoot there. I really can't understand why this seems to bother so many?
I some times do not like or agree with the way the owner of this forum runs it. It's his place, so you play by his rules or do not play here. Don't like the rules? Don't play here. Its all free choice.

I think my signature line sez enough about the topic for me.
YMMV...
:rolleyes:

Many moons ago, I tried out a range and decided to become a member. They required an NRA membership, so I asked if my GOA and SAF memberships would suffice, as I was not an NRA member at the time. They refused, and wouldn't give a reason. I found it odd as I thought SAF, GOA and the NRA were on the same team, just different tactics.

Looks like it wasn't about preserving our rights, but the kickbacks they received.
The NRA is more than just the ILA and politics. The other side is about firearms safety training, hunter safety education, range development and safety. Because of this, most range insurance goes through them, and it has nothing to do with politics or kickbacks. It sounds likely that whoever you asked just knew it was a requirement, but didn't know why.

BTW, I'm not a Big fan of LaPierre either. I think it's high time for new leadership, but that's a whole different story, one that's been hashed and rehashed many times here.

Why does just about every range with a lot of property, which offer memberships; require NRA memberships?

Wayne LaPierre pushed for the Machinegun ban to say in FOPA for that Traitor Reagan to sign into Law.

I don't understand why these ranges require NRA membership.

What gives?
And I won't be a member of a range that requires it.

CLT65 you beat me to it.
Membership is cheap and shooting at a private range does give you better places to shot usually.
So you don't like the NRA, I get it. Are there beter orgs out there, well kind of. SAF does some good work but Gotlieb has his own set of issues (as in being similar to the NRA in too many ways).
As others have mentioned there are plenty of discussions about the good and bad of the NRA.

Instead of beating around the bush how about you expect the fact that not everyone thinks like you do. Or chooses to support some orgs. How about live and let live. We agreed to disagree and be nice about it.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads