JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good Morning Fellow Forum Members,

First, I want to express my condolences for the families effected by the shooting yesterday at Umpqua Community College. Unbelievable needless loss of 10 students.

Unfortunately, I witnessed an interview on CNN with the former president of the college.
The discussion @ 7:45 est was covering the vote last year to have armed security guards on campus. Presenting his position that he declined to allow them, he was asked; "In light of what happened yesterday, do you wish that you have allowed for them?"

His response was that he still would not allow armed security guards.

Being that I am a forum member from Michigan with family in Oregon, my sincere heart felt condolences to all of those effected by the madman.

Last Edited:
Yup, state is run by liberal progressives that are educated far beyond their ability to use that education. The progressive indoctrination in this state is suicidal for the people under its control and the college shooting just one more example of death by politics. Worst government I have seen in oregon and I have been here 63 years.

Yup, state is run by liberal progressives that are educated far beyond their ability to use that education. The progressive indoctrination in this state is suicidal for the people under its control and the college shooting just one more example of death by politics. Worst government I have seen in oregon and I have been here 63 years.

It's bad in the state, but I think it's even worse inside the colleges and universities. They are the ones churning out anti-gun voters. They are the ones that teach them day after day that guns are evil and that they should react in shock and fear if they so much as see a gun.

I honestly think the people that run these schools and teach in them are largely to blame for where we are now. There are, of course, some amazing schools, teachers and school leaders that do believe in our country, in our Constitution and in our rights, but those schools are not the ones that receive state and federal money. You can pretty much bet if the school is sucking off the gov't nip to keep its doors open, that your going to find exactly what you find here - people that would rather disarm their staff and students and just hope it doesn't happen to them. Well, guess what, all your precious wishful thinking doesn't stop evil - and it never will.

And the private colleges in Oregon aren't much better.

The unconstrained thought process of a liberal is mind-boggling; escalating committments.

Example: 9 unarmed and law abiding students were killed...so the left wants to disarm more people all across the country.......

The probability of success is a major factor in the thought-process of a person who is considering such a terrible act.

Gun-free zones are a welcome mat.

This is a picture perfect example of a disease called "cranial-rectal insertion syndrome" Wherein the person no longer has their head in the sand; because it is firmly lodged somewhere else on their body.

These type of folks are dumb, but when they get in position to make decisions, they are dangerous. They like to believe that the world is as they would like it to be. The rest of us with a brain, and the ability to the think clearly and logically accept the world as it is.

Gun free zones give them the feeeelllling of being safe, but in reality offer them no protection at all. That is provided by men (and women) with guns, who are willing to stand to defend the flock when the wolf shows up.

The most dangerous idea ever conjured was the belief that evil can be reasoned with.

I'm just curious. With so many schools, colleges and universities being 'gun free', whether by law or by school policy, I have to ask the question - has anyone, ever, been carrying a gun, lawfully, concealed on a school campus, then used it to shoot someone? Has that ever happened? It seems to me every single one of these school shootings starts with some jerk0ff showing up with a bag/pack of guns and just starts letting loose. I can't recall any story of a shooter just going about their day, drawing their normal concealed carry gun and going postal.

So why do they insist on disarming their students? They obviously don't care about their safety. It seems to me, and is likely obvious to most here, that it's about control and it's about indoctrinating these pliable young minds to think and believe that guns are scary, dangerous and stupid.

I even had to listen to a blowhard on KEX on my way into work this morning, on a normally fairly conservative station, go off just like the president on more gun control - all the while qualifying that he is a gun owner too. Damn, these people are so misguided. They can't see any other possible solution that to ban/restrict guns.

I find it very odd that 50 years ago, guns were very pervasive throughout our society, in fact even more visible because people weren't freaked out by them. And yet, we didn't have these school shootings. Heck, kids brought guns to school so they could go hunting afterward, and no school shootings. So what changed? We still have guns like we had then, so really, is it a gun problem? Or is it a change in our society. A stepping away from values that, 50 years ago, would have prevented this from happening.

To take a quote from Indiana Jones: "They're digging in the wrong place"

What I find to be extremely sickening is the gunman first asked his intended victims if they were Christians first. If they answered yes, he shot them.

I went to a cc for 3 years and a private college for 2 years.

Each and every cc class, we vets would enter into quiet- agreements (oaths) for defending the classrooms.

The cc tried to bully the chls....but everything is fair-game when innocent lives are being threatened..hot coffee, chairs, books, etc.

I took classroom security upon my self at the private school; making sure all my classmates (mostly gals) made it to their cars etc. There were several other students in the other classes who were doing the same thing.

If we care and if we can, we MUST "step-up"; measureably.

I went to a cc for 3 years and a private college for 2 years.

Each and every cc class, we vets would enter into quiet- agreements (oaths) for defending the classrooms.

The cc tried to bully the chls....but everything is fair-game when innocent lives are being threatened..hot coffee, chairs, books, etc.

I took classroom security upon my self at the private school; making sure all my classmates (mostly gals) made it to their cars etc. There were several other students in the other classes who were doing the same thing.

If we care and if we can, we MUST "step-up"; measureably.
Oath keeper, admirable behavior sir.
As with many of us "Baby Boomers" our respective parents taught us to concern ourselves with others. I'm Not saying that this generation doesn't possess the same attributes, but far less common to see a teenager open a door for an older lady today. With all the electronic devices (distractions) we have in today's society, the challenge to successfully raise children is far more difficult than for my generation.

With video games, texting, emails, etc., how can you expect to teach interactive social skills? Many hide behind LED screens instead of interacting face to face. When I was growing up I found myself in a few fights, but no one ever pulled a knife let alone a gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top