JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps you would "Fit" better with a BullPup like a TAVOR or a Kel-Tec!
Not busting on folks with body fitment, more on the Tacticool crap that seems to grow and fester on otherwise fine rifles;)
I'm also left-handed. :p Tavor is readily adaptable but expensive as Hell... and I quite agree on excessive Tacticrap.

my general feeling is that they make bad riflemen out of people...

Bad habits, maybe, but different techniques not at all. No way.

...learned to mount the rifle correctly in the first place!

There is no such thing as one single "correct" way to shoulder a single rifle in history.

I have M lok AFGs on both of my AKs, and shoot them very fast with acceptable precision for trash can guns. My SBR, and my DDM4 both have short BCM gunfighter grips swept forward that allows me to grip the gun in the exact same way my support hand grabs a pistol. I have rifles that don't have them for aesthetic reasons, like my A2 rifle.

You feel like competing at the next clean up to see who shoots more "correctly?"

Perhaps you would "Fit" better with a BullPup like a TAVOR or a Kel-Tec!
Tavor and Kel Tec in the same sentence? Come on, sure the AUG is the only bullpup I like (being its a cold war design and all), but still have some respect for the Tavor! :s0002:
Personally, I don't care for them at all, and my general feeling is that they make bad riflemen out of people who should learn/have learned to mount the rifle correctly in the first place!
I disagree. It only makes bad riflemen out of people if they aren't willing to learn how to adapt to something different. I'm of the mind its better to learn different ways of shooting.

Once you get the fundamentals down, its nice to branch out and improve on things. Like how long it takes for you to squeeze a trigger, or how to shoot with a foregrip (by this point you'd probably shoot well with a "standard" grip anyways).

Wether it's the mostest correcterest or not I'm putting an AFG on my BO pistol... Just bought one from a fellow NWFAer today in fact:D. I have literally THE slimmest handguard(centurion cmr) that will fit on a DI AR, and there is only a sliver of 6061 between my hand and the gas block on the bottom, and nothing on the sides...AFG only weighs 2.5oz. plus it will double as a hand stop to keep people from accidently blowing fingers off when I let them shoot it. IMG_2149.JPG

Last Edited:
I had never liked these until I bought my first ASR. Even on that I didn't think I would like it. They (TNW) were not offering the forearm they have now then. So I bought a cheap vertical to try and I found I did like it. Of course now that TNW is offering a "normal" forearm for these I like that much better. They are fairly pricey though and I need 2 more (so far) so will be using a couple verticals until I buy 2 more forearms from TNW.

Not hooked onto buying one yet, just curious if I should get one or just deal with a lack of space due to the bipod.

It also doesn't help that the handguard is so slim that my fingers show up in my scope when I hold it regularly. :/

If you already have a bipod on your rifle and you are considering also putting a foregrip on it, you are starting to ride the line of "mall ninja tacticool" in my opinion lol.... kinda kidding, but at the same time not....

My personal preference is to keep my rifles as trim as possible, (sling, BUIS, light, and optic) bipods only go on rifles that are utilized for long distance precision work in the field, not carbines, but the awesome thing about America is you can pretty much dress your gun up however you want and completely ignore my opinions ;)

If you must have a foregrip and a bipod, I say split the difference and get a VG that extends into a bipod, they actually work surprisingly well for how cheaply they are made.

In the last I hated a forgrip, until one day I was test firing a customers gun and it had a pretty nice foregrip attached.
Test fire away and it was straight grip, after a couple shots I noticed whoa this is actually really comfortable to shoot. Well the grip was adjustable and it was loose and the grip angled back towards 20 degrees or so. Just that little angle helped stabilize the rifle a
Little more.
I've got a little scar tissue in my left shoulder and gripping the tube ( that will make a certain thread on this website) irritates a spot in my shoulder. The slight angle makes it all go away!
So I'm a fan of some of them.

If you already have a bipod on your rifle and you are considering also putting a foregrip on it, you are starting to ride the line of "mall ninja tacticool" in my opinion lol.... kinda kidding, but at the same time not....

My personal preference is to keep my rifles as trim as possible, (sling, BUIS, light, and optic) bipods only go on rifles that are utilized for long distance precision work in the field, not carbines, but the awesome thing about America is you can pretty much dress your gun up however you want and completely ignore my opinions ;)

If you must have a foregrip and a bipod, I say split the difference and get a VG that extends into a bipod, they actually work surprisingly well for how cheaply they are made.
It was also a really slim handguard, my fingers wrapped around it and the rail was uncomfortable. No longer have that AR though (or any atm). Used it out to 600 yards when I had it. Though the bipod collects dust now.

That aside, I don't like grippods (and I'm always on the side of suggesting not getting one). They never really did either job well when I tried one. Borrowed it from a friend, returned it as soon as the range trip was over.

I can see where they make sense for a pistol or an uber thin hand guard. I only use them now when I'm testing a new rifle and doing mag dumps. I do like to have a barrier stop at the end to make sure I don't get my hand too far forward.

Less is more often than not more on an AR.

I realize this is an old thread, but I'll throw this on here anyway:

I'm outfitting an AK47, setting this up mainly for the next generation - but I'd like to shoot it some too.

Looking for foregrip suggestions. Since the rail on this rifle isn't full- length, I can't mount a foregrip way out towards the end of the barrel. Putting it a bit closer to the mag well, I can't use a foregrip that's too big - it could interfere with mag changes.

So, I'm thinking the grip needs to be one of these four types: Stubby, angled, folding, or side-mounted.

I've seen some interesting/unusual models of foregrips online, and might just get a couple to test drive and compare. But maybe some of you soldiers or LEO will share your opinions about which foregrip you like best.

The angled grips look like they don't keep the shooter's fingers far enough off of a hot barrel.

1A67C9FB-3D0E-4745-8150-1FB67EAA19A9.jpeg

98A68999-6C76-4B3D-B3E6-4833336D8B88.jpeg

This side-mounted one might be good.

819DCA21-9D20-429D-A939-0C439033C9BD.jpeg

B7F2969C-E6AF-43B7-8D25-49938889BA7C.jpeg

Opinions and suggestions? 37DCB9AF-8535-4BA0-B50A-C425EA7859B6.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show