JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I have a "recce" (hate calling it that tbh) build and been pondering about a foregrip. Normally I don't like foregrips at all, but even with an 11" handguard the bipod still makes a regular grip difficult at times.

Would a foregrip be worth it, or should I just suck it up and deal with it? If so, which one would be good for budget?

If your bottom rail is a keymod, I've been meaning to unload my Fortis Shift to a new home. Really liked the options the grip gave me, I just switched most of the build over to more of a bench rifle, so I took it off.

Not hooked onto buying one yet, just curious if I should get one or just deal with a lack of space due to the bipod.

It also doesn't help that the handguard is so slim that my fingers show up in my scope when I hold it regularly. :/

Last Edited:
You gotta remember why these even became a thing. The main reason was that they had so much crap on their rails, there was no place for the support hand. IMO if you need one, that is you really need a place to put your support hand, then hell yes.
If it's just for .. well, no particular reason, I say no. Just my opinion....

You gotta remember why these even became a thing. The main reason was that they had so much crap on their rails, there was no place for the support hand. IMO if you need one, that is you really need a place to put your support hand, then hell yes.
If it's just for .. well, no particular reason, I say no. Just my opinion....
I have one (with a light) on my MPX SBR pistol, but none on any of my rifles. Could probably do without it but that light is bright enuf to be a weapon on its own. CQB

I like my vertical foregrip but I dont choke it with my support hand. I basically position my support hand like a thumb forward grip on a pistol.

IMG_0085.JPG

I cheated... FAB Defense T-Pod. It's a foregrip that unfolds into a bipod, and some versions have an integrated light. Or you might look at the less-moving-parts Grip-Pod the military uses...

Another fun necrothread resurrection... Im actually wondering if I should put an AFG on this or not... the rail is so small the gas block barely clears the bottom, so I'm afraid it's going to get too hot to handle.. Waiting on the flash can to fire it, so I'm not sure how it's going to work out yet. IMG_2115.JPG

None of mine run a broomstick. I can see using one maybe for a handstop but holding onto one just makes you a worse shot.

I kinda don't have a choice about foregrips anymore. :D

Nah, that's the only gun I have now that has a foregrip. Using a foregrip doesn't make my shooting worse, its just different. I don't have an AR anymore (may do a retro build later) but I did end up needing the foregrip when I did with the upper in question. The handguard was too slim. Took time getting used to but it wasn't bad.

IMG_2533.JPG

Another fun necrothread resurrection... Im actually wondering if I should put an AFG on this or not... the rail is so small the gas block barely clears the bottom, so I'm afraid it's going to get too hot to handle.. Waiting on the flash can to fire it, so I'm not sure how it's going to work out yet.View attachment 372095
I have an MPX pistol. I had an arm brace but put on a slide stock instead. If I use the stock I hold the mag. To hold it down to fire the fire grip helps. Plus my light is in the grip.

IMG_0242.JPG

@Tully Mars The irony is that pistol was meant to be Lean, Clean and Mean, not an ounce on it that isn't either justified by purpose or budget-prohibitive to go lighter parts--on it the AFG is as much for "break up the gun lines" when stowed as it is for handling when deployed, and for us with short enough arms that PTK snuggled right to the magwell is like you barely notice it.

@Ura-Ki In some, maybe many, cases sure--on the other hand you also have those of us with odd body shapes that seem to defy ANY fitting for a rifle stock of any kind and thus need whatever crutches we can get. (In my case, since I could handle a Thompson unusually well, I was advised to just treat the AR like a rifle-caliber Tommy gun where I used the stock as a counterweight rather than shoulder interface.) There's always a few odd "special cases," right?

@Tully Mars The irony is that pistol was meant to be Lean, Clean and Mean, not an ounce on it that isn't either justified by purpose or budget-prohibitive to go lighter parts--on it the AFG is as much for "break up the gun lines" when stowed as it is for handling when deployed, and for us with short enough arms that PTK snuggled right to the magwell is like you barely notice it.

@Ura-Ki In some, maybe many, cases sure--on the other hand you also have those of us with odd body shapes that seem to defy ANY fitting for a rifle stock of any kind and thus need whatever crutches we can get. (In my case, since I could handle a Thompson unusually well, I was advised to just treat the AR like a rifle-caliber Tommy gun where I used the stock as a counterweight rather than shoulder interface.) There's always a few odd "special cases," right?
Perhaps you would "Fit" better with a BullPup like a TAVOR or a Kel-Tec!
Not busting on folks with body fitment, more on the Tacticool crap that seems to grow and fester on otherwise fine rifles;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top