JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering getting a Sig P226 with a DAK trigger because the price is substantially cheaper on those pistols vs the DA/SA pistols. It seems a lot of people dislike the DAK trigger but with 6.5lb pull on full trigger reset, that doesn't seem that bad to me. Does anybody here have a positive view of this trigger?

I haven't shot one but I did goof with one at the store.

Not a bad trigger per say, just felt odd to me being used to Sig DA/SA pistols.
I do see the utility of it though in a non target shooting application, not saying it's inaccurate it would just take time and ammo to get proficient with it.
My M11-A1 is my first short reset trigger and I found out quickly that unintended double taps is pretty easy, I can see where a high stress situation could do the same.
Getting your trigger finger to do a full 6.5# reset and not the short 8# reset would take me some getting used to. Definitely won't get a double tap unless you want to.

I have picked up 4 recently, if that is an indication. It's a great trigger and the prices are extreme bargains - for some reason a lot of folks don't like the DAK but I think it's fantastic. The engineering is clever and provides a very constant and excellent combat weight trigger (not too light, not too heavy, almost uniform throughout travel).

I haven't shot one but I did goof with one at the store.

Not a bad trigger per say, just felt odd to me being used to Sig DA/SA pistols.
I do see the utility of it though in a non target shooting application, not saying it's inaccurate it would just take time and ammo to get proficient with it.
My M11-A1 is my first short reset trigger and I found out quickly that unintended double taps is pretty easy, I can see where a high stress situation could do the same.
Getting your trigger finger to do a full 6.5# reset and not the short 8# reset would take me some getting used to. Definitely won't get a double tap unless you want to.

I have picked up 4 recently, if that is an indication. It's a great trigger and the prices are extreme bargains - for some reason a lot of folks don't like the DAK but I think it's fantastic. The engineering is clever and provides a very constant and excellent combat weight trigger (not too light, not too heavy, almost uniform throughout travel).
Yeah the prices seem crazy low for a p226. Thank you for the comments

Why the p229 over the p226? People have had substantial success with using factory 9mm p226 barrels in p226 .40/357 frames. Evidently the p229 requires 9mm conversion barrel to work in .40/357 frames. And conversion barrels for p229 start at $150.

I wasn't thinking you were doing that much barrel swapping. If thats the case, maybe go with the 226. I've always preferred the 229 ergonomics and the fact I didn't have to sacrifice capacity to get a compact gun. If it were a duty gun, I might go 226 over 229. But otherwise, 229 all the way.

I wasn't thinking you were doing that much barrel swapping. If thats the case, maybe go with the 226. I've always preferred the 229 ergonomics and the fact I didn't have to sacrifice capacity to get a compact gun. If it were a duty gun, I might go 226 over 229. But otherwise, 229 all the way.
Thanks for the info

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top