JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also had this happen to me. It was very frustrating looking at that call callback time. I ended up reading their bulletin on COVID multiple times and filled out the forms to the T as they said and it went through. She might be able to submit a new claim if something got screwy.
They finally paid her Monday. But not after hearing a digital version of a piece of her mind via "send a communication" link...lol.

March 28th waiting week was for the week ending april 4th. and first payment last week for week ending april 11th.

I filed Monday March 29th. Still waiting for them to acknowledge that I filed, much I have a valid claim or that I don't. I am able to make weekly claims, but when I check the status/etc., it says "no valid claim found". No $ yet.

I filed Monday March 29th. Still waiting for them to acknowledge that I filed, much I have a valid claim or that I don't. I am able to make weekly claims, but when I check the status/etc., it says "no valid claim found". No $ yet.

Same here, I applied 3/26, They emailed me on 4/2 that they had received my claim, and it still shows "no valid claim found" on the web site, and I have received no money yet.

In WA here, I submitted a claim for last week yesterday at around 11am, and had it posted in my acct this morning, with the additional $600 Fed boost.

I know some people are having problems, and it seems like Oregon is a mess.
but I haven't had any issues, even got my stimulus the week they said they would start sending them.

Maybe I'm just getting lucky, but it's been a smooth process.
the only thing I found it after the last update for WA site on Saturday I wasn't able to use my phone/tablet I had to use a computer.

I sorry you guys are having such trouble, this is already a stressful time I can't imagine having to deal with all that.
I'd probably be losing my crap.

The one thing that is confusing to me is that is the fed boost up to $600 or is it just you get $600 a week? News articles don't seem to say. Also are they suppose to back pay you from when it started?

I filed in WA state a number of times - 1998, 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2010. It worked very well each time - no problems.

Oregon is way behind WA state. OR has less people and less unemployed, and still is just a mess.

Luckily I can afford to be patient, but knowing how gov works, it is stressful to see these error messages, and not get any kind of verification/etc. from them as to my status.

The one thing that is confusing to me is that is the fed boost up to $600 or is it just you get $600 a week? News articles don't seem to say. Also are they suppose to back pay you from when it started?

You get $600 on top of your state benefits regardless of what the state benefits are. So say you get $500/wk from the state, you would also get $600/wk on top of that, for a total of $1100/wk.

This lasts until July 31, 2020

It starts when the law was signed (March 27th?).

The federal added amount is above what the state sends. If you qualify for even just $1 of state funds per week, the fed will add an additional $600/week on top of that. It was lagging behind the state benefits but just got paid out lump sum today, at least in my wife's case.. Backdated to about 3 weeks ago (Mar 29). This is info for WA. I hope that helps.

Yeah but they don't back pay you the $600 as far as I know.
at least I didn't.

yeah this is the first time I've had to claim any kind of assistance. I've unemployed twice since my Sophomore year of HS for a total of about 3-4 mos, but even then I just scraped for the time and never tried to get benefits.

Half of me hates this, It goes against my morals.
But the other half to f me says I need it to get by, we've paid into it for several decades, and Why should the deadbeats get all the "free" money

They backpaid my wife today $1800 for 3 weeks starting Mar 29. I know plenty of people don't want a government handout. This really isn't one. The state benefit is unemployment insurance. Not really different than car or homeowner insurance. You hope to never need it, but be glad it's there when you do. :)

I worked for almost 9 years straight - a record for me - the longest I have ever been employed.

For all of those years, my employer made $35+/hr (gross) on my work by charging the client that much more than they paid me (doesn't take into account benefits). My employer did very little - they did not manage me, the client did. Out of that, they pay a certain percentage to the state of Oregon for unemployment insurance, and Oregon (and I think the feds too) pockets that and puts it into a fund where a pool is held for payout to unemployed persons. Naturally, there are many more employed people basically paying into that fund than there are unemployed, just like there are many more people paying into car, healthcare or life insurance.

It is not welfare - it is insurance.

They backpaid my wife today $1800 for 3 weeks starting Mar 29. I know plenty of people don't want a government handout. This really isn't one. The state benefit is unemployment insurance. Not really different than car or homeowner insurance. You hope to never need it, but be glad it's there when you do. :)

Exactly. I paid hundreds of thousands in UI taxes when I owned my business's. This is exactly the situation it is intended for and to have it fail is a major problem. Insurance is for unforeseen circumstances and this is what it is.

Most employers have no problem with it being utilized for what it was intended.

One other thing I did back in '08-'09 was offer to meet up at random places for lunch. I was active in the motorcycle community so I called it looking for a job in all the wrong places. We'd meet up, have lunch, network, bs or whatever then ride back from whence we came.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top