JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Sec. 101 of Senate Bill 1203, named the 21st Century Veterans Benefits Delivery Act, states that the Department of Veterans Affairs will be tasked with the mandate to "ensure that veterans receiving medical services under chapter 17 of title 38, United States Code, receive each immunization on the recommended adult immunization schedule at the time such immunization is indicated on that schedule."

I couldn't even get the VA to figure out the right meds and make / keep the right appointments with the right doctors. How in the hell do they plan on coordinating something like this? They can barely do their jobs now..... :s0140:

Plus, they lost the right to inject me with things I don't want them to when I became a free man / civilian. They can kick rocks.

So, for those that use the VA system, will that give them a reason to deny you service - if you were to refuse the vaccinations? Seems like a dangerous move in the part of congress considering all the high profile problems in the VA lately.

Can't we just take care of our vets without pushing this kind of BS on them? :confused:

They could at least try to kill them off kindly...

1 year supply of 100mg Vitamin V to be taken twice daily and a one way ticket to Brazil...

Since that isn't going to happen. Drop your blouse, grab your spot on the bench, squeeze in there N-to-B, and get ready for the 4th time getting the 3 dose of the anthrax vaccine topped with a nice pricking of smallpox.

HAHAH RIGHT?!?!?

I almost had to throw down right there in BAS the 3rd time they tried to MAKE me get another Anthrax shot. I kept telling them I already had it .....twice...... and I didn't really want it the first time, let alone the second. I damn sure wasn't getting a THIRD.

:s0081:

HAHAH RIGHT?!?!?

I almost had to throw down right there in BAS the 3rd time they tried to MAKE me get another Anthrax shot. I kept telling them I already had it .....twice...... and I didn't really want it the first time, let alone the second. I damn sure wasn't getting a THIRD.

:s0081:

The Anthrax inoculation is a series of 6 shots...... Granted I will never take it if it is thrust upon me if I ever do get VA benefits.
Hell my PCP is more concerned about me getting a stool sample every year, those tests must pay a good kickback to the Dr's....... just sayin....o_O

The Anthrax inoculation is a series of 6 shots...... Granted I will never take it if it is thrust upon me if I ever do get VA benefits.
Hell my PCP is more concerned about me getting a stool sample every year, those tests must pay a good kickback to the Dr's....... just sayin....o_O

well good, that means I am only half way contaminated right? Or am I only half way protected?

is the text of the bill somewhere? I dont even know of 90 total vaccines.

Also to the author, go back to highschool and learn to do basic statistics.

Im not for forcing patients to get treatment. But Guillain Barre was mostly associated with a 1976 flu vaccine. Now it is a rate of 1.6 per million patients who get the flu shot. flu mortality is 16.7 deaths per 100,000 cases.

You know what else causes Guillain barre? The common cold. Yes, you are more likely to get it from a cold than a flu shot. Why arent you living in a bubble, the cold could give you Guillain Barre!!!!

Man I wish that we could teach some basic critical thinking in school.

Perhaps the rumors are true.... maybe your crap IS worth it's weight in gold. :D

I'm afraid I disbelieve vaccinations will be mandatory for veterans.

Unless the government is hoping to improve the national debt by installing cameras in VA PCP offices with the intent of generating revenue via YouTube hits from veteran reactions to being told they WILL be getting stuck with needles full of unknown substances...?

People do love fight videos.

I'm afraid I disbelieve vaccinations will be mandatory for veterans.

Unless the government is hoping to improve the national debt by installing cameras in VA PCP offices with the intent of generating revenue via YouTube hits from veteran reactions to being told they WILL be getting stuck with needles full of unknown substances...?

People do love fight videos.

I'm not a user of the VA medical system, but, they'll die when they try! If the Senate were so stupid as to try this! And I believe they may be that dumb.:rolleyes: Well.....the country is doomed!

"Sec. 101 of Senate Bill 1203, named the 21st Century Veterans Benefits Delivery Act, states that the Department of Veterans Affairs will be tasked with the mandate to "ensure that veterans receiving medical services under chapter 17 of title 38, United States Code, receive each immunization on the recommended adult immunization schedule at the time such immunization is indicated on that schedule."

I couldn't even get the VA to figure out the right meds and make / keep the right appointments with the right doctors. How in the hell do they plan on coordinating something like this? They can barely do their jobs now..... :s0140:

Plus, they lost the right to inject me with things I don't want them to when I became a free man / civilian. They can kick rocks.

Liked, TIMES 10, heard Five by Five, Trouble Shooter One Five, Out.

philip, with feelings UNKIND to the VAMC

meh... I read the bill. This is the amended statement being added:

"(iii) to provide veterans each immunization on the recommended adult immunization schedule at the time such immunization is indicated on that schedule.".

I dont see how that statement makes them mandatory and I dont see anything stating there is a punishment for refusing them.

also this:
"(10) The term 'recommended adult immunization schedule' means the schedule established (and periodically reviewed and, as appropriate, revised) by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices established by the Secretary of Health and Human Services and delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.".

the CDC does not have 90 vaccines on its recommended adult immunization schedule.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top