JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some people might be stock piling a whole bunch of food but all food have an expiration date. These are scary times that we are in and its gonna get worse. I might buy some dry foods and pack them in some mylar bags or something. I have not really thought about what I would do but I believe that we will see prices soar in the next couple of months or so

Some people might be stock piling a whole bunch of food but all food have an expiration date. These are scary times that we are in and its gonna get worse. I might buy some dry foods and pack them in some mylar bags or something. I have not really thought about what I would do but I believe that we will see prices soar in the next couple of months or so

Probably right. Stock piling and saving food is a great idea. But it eventually runs out. If we ever got to a point where we couldn't recover most of us would have to resort to farming and local markets. Good time to learn to garden I think. :)

Probably right. Stock piling and saving food is a great idea. But it eventually runs out. If we ever got to a point where we couldn't recover most of us would have to resort to farming and local markets. Good time to learn to garden I think. :)

haha gardening is funny and I am terrible at it, they have these cool seeds where you can reuse them but I am unsure how many times you can reuse them. I hope its not in our life time that we will see food being almost nonexistent. I think that I have been watching too many post apocalyptic movies lol

That's scary. And so is the cost of peanut butter. It's like $10 a jar.

haha gardening is funny and I am terrible at it, they have these cool seeds where you can reuse them but I am unsure how many times you can reuse them. I hope its not in our life time that we will see food being almost nonexistent. I think that I have been watching too many post apocalyptic movies lol

Reusable seeds???

TPTB would prefer you starve, but yes, growing your own food is really the way to go. Keep in mind that any 'exposed' garden will be raided.

Storing enough food for a year really isn't a big deal nor is it very expensive. Water also of course. Many people don't do it not because they cannot afford to, but rather because it is a mental admission that something CAN go bad.
Most people cannot take that mental step. A little thing called Normalcy Bias.

Now is the time to buy food. Food is more important than guns, bullets, PMs, or whatever. It will be bad 'out there' when the economy collapses. One's best chance is to lay as low as possible for the few weeks of months. You can't do that when you are waiting for hours for a roll of toilet paper.

Don't forget your vehicles. Datex packs + mylar pouched water. If you get stuck out somewhere away from home they will literally be a lifesaver.

Unlike people the prepped in the 60s, 70s, and 80s that did it for various reasons we are faced with a mathematical certainty. The collapse of the dollar and our economy and ability to 'buy' items in turmoil. It will happen in the next few months or short years. So prepare the best you can and the lemmings are on their own, suffering the consequences of their delusion.

Don't worry about expiration dates. Almost all canned foods are edible for 10+ years and that may be longer than most of us will be around to enjoy.

Food prices are going up right now because people are stock piling. Simple supply and demand.

This is not to say not to stock pile for disaster or collapsed economy just saying why prices are going up now.

there are of course some other reasons such as the cost of fuel which effects the economy and cost of food as it is used in farming, processing and transportation of food . But i am sure stock piling has a big role in this

but you never know there may come a day when it takes a days wages to buy a loaf of bread

Food prices are going up because people are stock piling. Simple supply and demand.

Stock piling for the sake of saving money won't help you if after everyone is done stock piling and the prices come back down.

This is not to say not to stock pile for disaster or collapsed economy just saying why prices are going up.

but you never know there may come a day when it takes a days wages to buy a loaf of bread

The price of food going up, has more to do with the drought in the midwest, which has been in the news for months now.
The increase in fuel costs also play a major role in the how much we pay as well, as does the devalued dollar.

The drought has got so bad, wells are running dry and people are paying to pump water into these wells, just so they have water.

Stockpiling, has little to no effect on the actual price of the food we purchase.

TPTB would prefer you starve, but yes, growing your own food is really the way to go. Keep in mind that any 'exposed' garden will be raided.

Yes but the those raiding it are edible.

Storing enough food for a year really isn't a big deal nor is it very expensive. Water also of course. Many people don't do it not because they cannot afford to,

well not really a issue for us in the north western part of the northwest, lots of water although i am sure the rivers will be polluted worst than they are because the sanitation department may not be working but plenty coming from the sky but that may make it hard to water a garden unless you can store enough for that garden

Now is the time to buy food. Food is more important than guns, bullets, PMs, or whatever. It will be bad 'out there' when the economy collapses. One's best chance is to lay as low as possible for the few weeks of months. You can't do that when you are waiting for hours for a roll of toilet paper.
I am the great cornhoulio and i need tp for my bunghole . yes don't forget the simple things

Don't forget your vehicles. Datex packs + mylar pouched water. If you get stuck out somewhere away from home they will literally be a lifesaver.

Unlike people the prepped in the 60s, 70s, and 80s that did it for various reasons we are faced with a mathematical certainty. The collapse of the dollar and our economy and ability to 'buy' items in turmoil. It will happen in the next few months or short years. So prepare the best you can and the lemmings are on their own, suffering the consequences of their delusion.

Don't worry about expiration dates. Almost all canned foods are edible for 10+ years and that may be longer than most of us will be around to enjoy.

Good advise

The price of food going up, has more to do with the drought in the midwest, which has been in the news for months now.
The increase in fuel costs also play a major role in the how much we pay as well, as does the devalued dollar.

The drought has got so bad, wells are running dry and people are paying to pump water into these wells, just so they have water.

Stockpiling, has little to no effect on the actual price of the food we purchase.

Your right The Drought is a prime if not the #1 factor . But bumping up demand in a time of drought makes it far worse .

I am not saying not to stock up but its got to be the worst time to do it. But better to do it than not to do it at all.

I have noticed steady food prices climbing the last year, but the last month I saw the biggest jumps.

I mentioned on here somewheres else, so thos who read forgive me for repeating myself, a lot of cow farmers in south central Missouri have been feeding their cows hay since early July, the price of small rectangular bale has jumped from $3.25 in May to over $9.00 a bale, the large round bales are already going for $90.00 a bale when they should be going for $35.00 - $40.00 at this time of year. Farmer in MO, once again are having it trucked in from South Dakota and Mississippi.

It was so dry one cow farmer I know who usually has water in his ponds year round ( I lived there for 5 yrs) was watering cow using water from the wells and flowing into the troughs. He had all eleven ponds cleand out this year, for those of you who do not know to get dry enough to clean out a pond that has held water for 50 plus ears and had cows trampling around the banks, it is pretty dry to get in even a piece of heavy equipment.

A lot of corn in nebraska, Kansas, Missouri and I saw it myself in Ohio last weekend is being turned into Silage Making silage from drought-damaged corn, Drought, Extension and Agricultural Information news group, University of Missouri Extension

Where does all of this lead, farmer who cannot afford to buy the hay and silage and flooding the market with beef, once the gluten is over, beef prices will go through the roof, so will everything else.

I am putting away what I can, preparing for a rough time ahead.

Reusable seeds???

Yes, it was and is a practice used by people for thousands of years. I do so myself, with heirloom seeds.

Simply, save the seeds from the current crop to use for the next planting.

Genetically modified plants and animals are great, as long as it is done through selective breeding.

Sadly, many of the genetically modified plants and animals people are eating now, can not reproduce on their own and cause many health problems as well!
I could list many examples, but you can do some research and see for yourself.

Here is a great site-
Pioneer Living - Pioneer Living Survival

I have noticed steady food prices climbing the last year, but the last month I saw the biggest jumps.

I am putting away what I can, preparing for a rough time ahead.

I think, that this is very sound advice.

Food will not get cheaper, especially if you factor in the shelf life of the freeze dried food items you can buy now, for future use.

How much will the cases of rice and chicken and chicken fettuccine alfredo, that i purchased today, be worth in 25 years (which is the best used by date)?
And, yes i know they will last much longer.

I think it is because the Zombies are getting ready to attack us, LMAO on this one <broken link removed>

Hey Bunny, just a little humor

One of the biggest reasons which a lot of people do not want to except is, the devaluation of the dollar and the high cost of environmentally correct society, we need to be wise with our resources, but here is a good example of why

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/0...l-lead-to-increased-energy-rates-critics-say/

more regulation equals higher costs

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads