JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bi Mart has locally grown vegies (santiam) @ 2 cans for a buck right now, while supplies last. Just picked up 100 green beans, 100 corns and same for peas.
Wow! I can remember 5 and 6 cans of top notch veges for $1.00! I think I'm pretty glad that there is no way that I am going to outlive my freeze drieds. At least my progeny can use them!

Go buy another freezer and fill it with whatever your heart desires.

EVERYTHING will be way higher next year.It will take some time to recover from this years disaster

Yes, it was and is a practice used by people for thousands of years. I do so myself, with heirloom seeds.

Simply, save the seeds from the current crop to use for the next planting.

Genetically modified plants and animals are great, as long as it is done through selective breeding.

Sadly, many of the genetically modified plants and animals people are eating now, can not reproduce on their own and cause many health problems as well!
I could list many examples, but you can do some research and see for yourself.

Here is a great site with much info, not only on plants, but much more.
Pioneer Living - Pioneer Living Survival

Oh ok. I'm a seed saver myself so I'm aware of this. The OP made it sound like there were actually reusable seeds. Like single seeds that could be used more than once so that's why I was like... :huh:

Thanks for the info and link though. Can never learn enough about plants. :)

Companion planting works very well and my kids love to collect the seeds, for the next years garden. :s0155:

I really wish my grandperents were still around. They really knew how to preserve all of the food the grew and the live stock they raised and i would love to know how they did it.
I have asked my relatives, but no one knows the recipies they used or exactly how they did it.

My grandmother made the best dehydrated fruits. The fruit leather she made was many, many, times better than a fruit rollup.

My grandpa preserved the beef, hogs and chickens they raised.

They did not even have inside plumbing, untill i was 7 or 8. And they still used an old wood fired stove/oven, untill i was in Jr High.
They were old school, for sure.

Companion planting works very well and my kids love to collect the seeds, for the next years garden. :s0155:

That's great that you get your kids involved in it. I remember helping my Grandma in the garden and I think that's part of why I enjoy it so much. I need to bulk up my knowledge on companion planting more. I always forget the combinations that work best.

I'm excited that my winter garden has started up. Hopefully it'll save me a few bucks on fresh veggies this season.

That's great that you get your kids involved in it. I remember helping my Grandma in the garden and I think that's part of why I enjoy it so much. I need to bulk up my knowledge on companion planting more. I always forget the combinations that work best.

I'm excited that my winter garden has started up. Hopefully it'll save me a few bucks on fresh veggies this season.

Plus, there is nothing better, than going out to your garden and eating the veggies right in the garden. delicious!

Plus, there is nothing better, than going out to your garden and eating the veggies right in the garden. delicious!

I'll be the odd one around my neighborhood,if I try a garden next spring.I'll plant stuff that the deer will love.Then I insure that next year's venison is really tasty!

The spike in the price of peanut butter you're seeing today is a result of the peanut crop failure of about a year ago. Drought caused the worst crop in over 30 years. Supply and demand at it's finest...

There really isn't. I have about a 15 cherry tomato plants this year and they're exploding with fruit so I walk around munching on them every day. And fresh peas and beans off the vine... YUM. :)

I'll be the odd one around my neighborhood,if I try a garden next spring.I'll plant stuff that the deer will love.Then I insure that next year's venison is really tasty!

I know first hand that they like snap peas. :s0155:

The spike in the price of peanut butter you're seeing today is a result of the peanut crop failure of about a year ago. Drought caused the worst crop in over 30 years. Supply and demand at it's finest...

I remember that. It sucked when it happened, and it's only worse now. I wonder if corn will be the same way. Everything with corn in it will probably be expensive for a long while. Definitely planting corn next year.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top