JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anybody changed their food shopping habits recently. I am switching gears from firearm spending to shopping for food deals again. Wife gave me a loan to pay off my credit card balance so it's cash only purchases from here on out. I might stock up on a few non-perishable items. If you find a good deal or inexpensive place to get groceries please share. I will post deals when I find them. I may be cutting back on meat products for a bit, if I can keep losing weight on more cheap plant based foods.

It's been a few months since I posted this. I am wondering if everybody is still holding to their existing patterns of eating?
Same types of food buying. My husband does the grocery shopping but we discuss our dinners/meals ahead of time.

He does almost all of the cooking. I do not trust my hands, especially my LEFT one, with heavy soup or stew pots or a BIG batch of pasta. He LIKES to cook and I let him since he enjoys it! I do not enjoy cooking even if I cooked a LOT for 30 plus years for my late husband. My late husband did NOT cook.

We shop at:

WINCO since one opened up here.

Costco for some things still.

LOCAL FARM for fresh veggies and fruit.

Walmart for some items that WINCO and Costco do not sell.

One other LOCAL place for some other items if need be but they were always HIGHER IN PRICE so we watched it there.

Many of our LOCAL stores including the LOCAL MEAT MARKET CLOSED UP due to the 'flu' crapola. OLD, small and large FAMILY OWNED BUSINESSES from a to z.

IT was and IS a shame on what happened to so many of our LOCAL FAMILY OWNED BUSINESSES! That goes for MT ones and other ones all across this country!

Take care.

Cate

I bought hulled hemp seeds (unbeatable nutritional value), pumpkin seeds, coconut nectar (better and more nutritious than refined sugar), lemon powder, and a couple of other extracts for baking and drinks.

All considered superfoods. All organic. All large quantities to get the absolute best prices out there.

I might try to re-sell some on this forum to recoup some funds and share the loot with the nwf family here.
Stay tuned...

Winco has Werner hot pepperoni and teriyaki sticks for .69 cents each. They are going to quit carrying the Werner brand. I picked up about 32 of them.

20230720_112814.jpg

A neighbor told me yesterday about a friend of his that sent a slaughtered steer in to be turned into cuts and ground products. His son picked up the finished product and it cost almost $5.00/pound! Either the butcher is profiteering, or there are so few options left for processing your own beef that the going price has gone through the roof!

I'm not a member of Costco but I went there with my daughter the other day and was surprised to see that had the house brand (Kirkland) honey for $13 for a 5 lb. bottle. Great deal!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top