JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You hit the nail squarely on the head There!!!!

Oh and gunguy45, you are not a Felon unless you are convicted of a felony... Due process.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tell that to the cop's when they pull you over at gunpoint,
Arrested and not convicted but that crap still shows up--Every time I get pulled over.

I agree, I don't think it should be easy or universal. A small fraction of those convicted of non violent victimless crimes and only then after a long period of time showing a pattern of productive behavior. I think a decade would be reasonable. I just think a one size "everyone is screwed forever" approach is the wrong one. The second amendment should not be selectively revoked based on a arbitrary law being broke where no one was victimized. Didn't pay your taxes? Got caught with a "illegal " plant? Had possession of the wrong size crab? Tried hide some assets during a bankruptcy? Wrote a bad check? I think if it was a one time deal their rights should be restored after a period showing they are now productive members of society.

I agree, I don't think it should be easy or universal. A small fraction of those convicted of non violent victimless crimes and only then after a long period of time showing a pattern of productive behavior. I think a decade would be reasonable. I just think a one size "everyone is screwed forever" approach is the wrong one. The second amendment should not be selectively revoked based on a arbitrary law being broke where no one was victimized. Didn't pay your taxes? Got caught with a "illegal " plant? Had possession of the wrong size crab? Tried hide some assets during a bankruptcy? Wrote a bad check? I think if it was a one time deal their rights should be restored after a period showing they are now productive members of society.

Ill buy that. I do agree that if you can pull off ten years free from trouble after a felony you probably learned from it and have worked pretty hard to get back into main stream. I do also believe that people, good people make bad decisions and deserve a second chance.

I also believe that if more "offenders" of certain crimes knew there was a way to get a clean slate in terms of their record and their future, it would cut down on repeat offenses. I imagine its pretty easy to lose hope and continue down certain paths when you think there is no prospect for a better future.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top