JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You hit the nail squarely on the head There!!!!

Oh and gunguy45, you are not a Felon unless you are convicted of a felony... Due process.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tell that to the cop's when they pull you over at gunpoint,
Arrested and not convicted but that crap still shows up--Every time I get pulled over.

I agree, I don't think it should be easy or universal. A small fraction of those convicted of non violent victimless crimes and only then after a long period of time showing a pattern of productive behavior. I think a decade would be reasonable. I just think a one size "everyone is screwed forever" approach is the wrong one. The second amendment should not be selectively revoked based on a arbitrary law being broke where no one was victimized. Didn't pay your taxes? Got caught with a "illegal " plant? Had possession of the wrong size crab? Tried hide some assets during a bankruptcy? Wrote a bad check? I think if it was a one time deal their rights should be restored after a period showing they are now productive members of society.

I agree, I don't think it should be easy or universal. A small fraction of those convicted of non violent victimless crimes and only then after a long period of time showing a pattern of productive behavior. I think a decade would be reasonable. I just think a one size "everyone is screwed forever" approach is the wrong one. The second amendment should not be selectively revoked based on a arbitrary law being broke where no one was victimized. Didn't pay your taxes? Got caught with a "illegal " plant? Had possession of the wrong size crab? Tried hide some assets during a bankruptcy? Wrote a bad check? I think if it was a one time deal their rights should be restored after a period showing they are now productive members of society.

Ill buy that. I do agree that if you can pull off ten years free from trouble after a felony you probably learned from it and have worked pretty hard to get back into main stream. I do also believe that people, good people make bad decisions and deserve a second chance.

I also believe that if more "offenders" of certain crimes knew there was a way to get a clean slate in terms of their record and their future, it would cut down on repeat offenses. I imagine its pretty easy to lose hope and continue down certain paths when you think there is no prospect for a better future.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top