JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3 threads merged, moved to general discussion area (all 3 were in different areas)...
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

I understand why potters lost track of the perp due to being shot. But Thoman? Maybe he was just extremely green?

it looks very clear to me that Thoman is using his partners body as cover.

Thoman was so rattled (and thus lost his mag) because his partner was in the line of fire from his gun to the perp.

he sure does seem to line himself up behind Potters and use him as cover.
Thoman does appear to be "cowering" (vs crouching to present a smaller target), using his partner as cover, as well as attempting to cover (hide) behind his weapon... then he drops the mag and runs out of the frame.
Those are gut-level, panic reactions. In a fast moving crisis situation, humans rarely "rise to the occasion", they fall back to their highest level of training.
He spazzed.

I'm not calling him a coward, he stuck around and stayed in the fight when most people would just keep running. Good on him.

I AM saying that a higher level of training, even to just avoid poor weapons manipulation under extreme stress (like dropping your magazine in a gunfight) is in order.

Last Edited:
This is a hell of a gun fight between Brevard County Deputies and a career felon using an AR15 pistol. Both cops survived thankfully. And the bad guy got his bubblegum lit up. There's no blood but it's pretty raw video.

And here's my favorite quote from Brevard County Sheriff, Wayne Ivey...

And that my friends is how you handle a press conference! :D

Story here...

I think I'lk be moving to Brevard County, FL.

1) "Not at all... Schadenfreude..."
Exactly what I was going to post verbatum until I saw that you beat me to it.
The quantum physics of great minds I guess.

2) "glad it turned out ok but as someone else said above they are darned lucky."
Being really good at using our defensive weapons is our goal, because you can't depend on luck.
That said, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

3) It seemed like Thoman had the chance to light him up while he was getting out of the car.

4) "Vegas Cops have a very similar ROE , there are a lot of jurisdictions that have fairly liberal shoot policies when someone decides to go full bandido ."
The cops can't allow the Pondscum Brigade to get the idea that they can shoot at LE and survive.
Still, the sheriff should watch what he says.

5) "I AM saying that a higher level of training, even to just avoid poor weapons manipulation under extreme stress (like dropping your magazine in a gunfight) is in order."
He should have a revolver since he lacks the gunhandling skills for an autoloader.

6) "The life of another potential brain scientist rocket sturgeon cut short"
And the (D) Party loses another voter.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top