JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I run Sentinel Designs, now the Raven Freya magwells ( <broken link removed> ), and the ZEV Pro magwells ( <broken link removed> ) on all of my Glocks except for my daily carry Gen 2 19. I really like both, but do prefer the ZEV Pro, as it pushes my larger sized hands up higher on the gun. I run standard Glock base pads, Glock 2 round mag extensions and 10-8 base pads on all of my mags, with my preference being the 10-8 pads and have not had any issues stripping mags out of either magwell or with mags dropping free. I have also run the Agency Arms Gen 4 magwell and it is just as good as the other two, but I don't own a Gen 4 any more.

As far as modifying your gun, I would swap out the sights and then get a ton of rounds down range before you start making changes. The gun will smooth itself out during this time. My preferred sights are the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights, http://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...k--prod70540.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=AMERIGLO.

Man, I have just gone thru a BUNCH of stuff with my G-19 Gen 4. Stock, the magazine would pinch the hell out of my little finger when shooting. I tried putting my pinky below the mag like I do on some of my smaller pistols, but it was an uncomfortable reach. Guess I have just the exactly wrong size hand. So I tried the polymer magwell and found that they ride up in the front as you tighten them, leading to an awkward grip. So I drilled some holes on the toward the front and put in some short pins and went shooting. Wasn't 2 mags before I pulled the damn thing off. Not sure if you will have the same problem but I just couldn't get a really good grip. Besides, the pistol printed strongly with the magwell. Doesn't look that big but dang it, it is. So - I won't be installing ANY magwell on my carry G19.

I did a couple of other changes to my pistol which have turned out to be great. First, Talon Grips. I get the rubberized ones and absolutely love them. I have them on EVERY pistol I own except for a Makarov. If they ever make them for my Mak, on they go. I also added the extended slide release, because I have big hands with short thumbs. I think this is a great change. Because of the short thumbs, I drop my mags with the support hand rather that roll the gun around in my firing hand. The extended mag release isn't much of a change, but I never miss dropping the mag now. At the same time, I added the extended slide removal bit because I was paying shipping anyway, and it was cheap. Not so sure how I like this - tho it works as advertised, I end up parking the support hand thumb up against this and it gets uncomfortable after about 200 rounds at the range. Last, because the trigger was really gritty and with a heavy release (almost like hitting a wall - the trigger gauge said 10 pounds), I added a 3.5 pound trigger connector (no spring changes) and did the "25 cent trigger job" (just polishing some parts). I did this in a series including range time. First, the connector reduced pull to 6.5 pounds, but the release still came after the "wall". Polishing the components for the trigger job did the trick, and also revealed another problem for this particular pistol. I had some weird scratches on the striker safety (the plunger thing), and after doing some easy polishing, the chrome chipped away around the scratched side which I discovered after a range session. So I have a replacement on order. Still, the "wall" is gone and the trigger pull is very smooth. Pull is down to just under 5 pounds and I couldn't be happier.

Hope this helps. PM me if you need the benefit of any of my mistakes.

Man, I have just gone thru a BUNCH of stuff with my G-19 Gen 4. Stock, the magazine would pinch the hell out of my little finger when shooting. I tried putting my pinky below the mag like I do on some of my smaller pistols, but it was an uncomfortable reach. Guess I have just the exactly wrong size hand. So I tried the polymer magwell and found that they ride up in the front as you tighten them, leading to an awkward grip. So I drilled some holes on the toward the front and put in some short pins and went shooting. Wasn't 2 mags before I pulled the damn thing off. Not sure if you will have the same problem but I just couldn't get a really good grip. Besides, the pistol printed strongly with the magwell. Doesn't look that big but dang it, it is. So - I won't be installing ANY magwell on my carry G19.

More print was a concern. I don't necessarily see a need for my use, other than feeding the mag faster.

I did a couple of other changes to my pistol which have turned out to be great. First, Talon Grips. I get the rubberized ones and absolutely love them. I have them on EVERY pistol I own except for a Makarov. If they ever make them for my Mak, on they go.

I've come to like a grip sleeve on all my grips. The sleeve doesn't always fit the grip. In those areas I make a filler from a product called "Otoform" used to create the impression-mold of the ear canal, for hearing aids. Otoform is two-part and can be tinted. Take note. Try it. It works nicely. (Available on eBay and Amazon)

because I also added the extended slide release, because I have big hands with short thumbs. I think this is a great change. Because of the short thumbs, I drop my mags with the support hand rather that roll the gun around in my firing hand. The extended mag release isn't much of a change, but I never miss dropping the mag now. At the same time, I added the extended slide removal bit because I was paying shipping anyway, and it was cheap. Not so sure how I like this - tho it works as advertised, I end up parking the support hand thumb up against this and it gets uncomfortable after about 200 rounds at the range.

Last, because the trigger was really gritty and with a heavy release (almost like hitting a wall - the trigger gauge said 10 pounds), I added a 3.5 pound trigger connector (no spring changes) and did the "25 cent trigger job" (just polishing some parts). I did this in a series including range time. First, the connector reduced pull to 6.5 pounds, but the release still came after the "wall". Polishing the components for the trigger job did the trick, and also revealed another problem for this particular pistol. I had some weird scratches on the striker safety (the plunger thing), and after doing some easy polishing, the chrome chipped away around the scratched side which I discovered after a range session. So I have a replacement on order. Still, the "wall" is gone and the trigger pull is very smooth. Pull is down to just under 5 pounds and I couldn't be happier.

I've never done any mods to my Glocks. I thought about polishing, then one day I grabbed the can of Aero Kroil. I shot some in the areas of all moving parts, then dry fired/reset while watching TV in the evenings a few times. About 3000 (guessing) resets. Doing that took the edge off and smoothed things out real nice.

Hope this helps. PM me if you need the benefit of any of my mistakes.

Replied within your reply.
Thanks

p_100018172_4.jpg
Look at the left end of the trigger connector? The round end?
I have installed Ghosts on a few guns and took them out as they are too light for my likes.
Then I polished that roundness a little and it made for a really smooth trigger pull.
Plus the ghosts can make for double taps
So my post is on topic,the mag wells I have seen for glocks are usually huge and kinda ugly.Nothing like what you see on say a 1911. Not sure what they would do to you draw

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top