Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Five Gunfighting Tips for Criminals

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by spengo, Nov 1, 2010.

1. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Five Gunfighting Tips for Criminals | The Truth About Guns

:thumbup:

2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

:laugh::bluelaugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::bluelaugh::p

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

:funnypoint: This is the kind of informationI was looking for. Now I can be ghetto tacticool. :laugh::bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh:

4. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

Going back to my beer then, Thanks. Like my wife says, "Honey you don't need to clear the place again. That's the dogs job."

5. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

You forgot-

#6: Don't waist your time buying an expensive holster

Why buy a holster when simply tucking the gun in your waistband will work. No retention straps means faster draw on even the most experienced of shooters. Also, placing the barrel next to your "twig and berries" means that you might not have to pay for that court-ordered vasectomy after all!

6. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

I never thought about all the money I could save on guns by firing .357's from a 38. That's nice to know. :laugh:

And 38's aren't named after the year they were invented. They are named after the number of gang bangers you can kill with one shot.

7. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

Commando Carry......:thumbup:

Over the years I have seen some pistola's advertised with hair on the front sight.....:huh:

8. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

OH so much the OP left out...put something in the barrel to keep dirt out!!! A foamy earplug in the chamber will ensure the gun works when you really need it such as when the homeowner confronts you!

9. DootyBeet

DootyBeet Salem Member

I'm learning alot here - thanks. Since revolvers never jam and semi-autos never run out of ammo, they should make a semi-automatic revolver.

10. DootyBeet

DootyBeet Salem Member

Wow, I've learned so much just from this thread. - Thanks all.
    Since revolvers never jam and semi-autos never run out of ammo, how come they don't make semi-auto revolvers?

11. spengo

ACTUALLY... they do.
    matebaautorevolver6in.jpg
    webleyfosbery1837.jpg

12. Riot

I know the top one is a Mateba, what is the bottom one? A Nagant?

13. spengo

lol no. It says right there on the frame: Webley Fosbery Automatic. A very interesting weapon, the entire top half of the frame slides back to cock the hammer and rotate the cylinder.
    webleyfosbery1837.jpg

The Nagant revolver, while it does use an interesting mechanism, is not automatic.

14. Riot

Isn't the Nagant the only revolver that can be fitted with a silencer due to the sealing cylinder?

YouTube - Silenced 1895 Nagant revolver (NFA)

15. Dr.Z

Dr.Z Vancouver/Metro Member

Here is a GREAT new sight option for all you Glock lovers!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

homeboyglocksights.jpg

Doc Z

"Train continually; and continually pray to never have to use your skills"

16. ThatOneGuy1231

ThatOneGuy1231 The great northwest Member

ha. this is some funny stuff.

17. motohead185

motohead185 Portland, OR Member

i remember reading somewhere that gang bangers shoot better the cops because.....? something the FBI looked into i think.

18. Gunner3456

I read that too, and it was an "official" article. It talked about the bangers putting in a lot of range time as part of their way of life. IIRC the comments were made by the FBI?

19. Riot

It wasn't necessarily because they would put in more range time as much as they would basically try to get as much rounds on target as fast as possible. This kind of mentality is basically a game of playing the odds, whereas the more bullets you send towards your target means a higher likelyhood of hitting your target.

Although crude, it can be effective- especially when you are the first to get your gun out and start shooting before the other guy even knows what is going on.

Although many organized gangs do actually encourage practicing with their firearms, most seldom do. Many of their "practice" is basically a trial by error methodology (shoot at people until you hit them or do a constant driveby until you get a desired effect). Any practice that any "thug" does perform isn't done in a classroom with an instructor, but out in BFE picking up bad habbits and poor techniques.

However, they learn lessons in the field and are a lot more experienced with dealing with the stress involved in the actual shooting confrontations than your average LEO. Most LEOs have probably never fired a gun outside a controlled environment.

So, what can be learned? Shooting at static target in a range is good, but it a means to an end. You need to have more hands on training and do more realistic scenarios that envolve multiple and moving targets. Force on force training with non-lethal firearms is invaluable training that can only be surpassed by being shot at by actual firearms.

Paintball and Airsoft training should be considered apart of any LEO training plan. Experiencing the stress envolved with force on force will prepare them more than their foes.

20. Gunner3456

Here's what I read. Make of it what you will.

"Among other things, the data reveal that most would-be cop killers:

* show signs of being armed that officers miss;
    * have more experience using deadly force in “street combat” than their intended victims;
    * practice with firearms more often and shoot more accurately;
    * have no hesitation whatsoever about pulling the trigger. "If you hesitate," one told the study’s researchers, "you’re dead. You have the instinct or you don’t. If you don’t, you’re in trouble on the street..."

More here:

News from The Force Science Research Center