JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I decided not to hijack the FF thread so I'm making a new one.

In my younger fishing days I caught to have leasure time, eat and brag because my brothers and cousins we're not as good a fisherman as I was. I will tell you that we all ate well!!!

I'm now an old-timer, have caught many thousands of many different species and anymore, to me, I would rather show people how to catch fish to get them hooked on fishing....:cool:

I have all the gear, tackle, bait and nice boat rigged for fish retention to take people out on the water.

Once in the boat there is a short tutorial on the safety aspects of the boat and what I expect of my crew for the day.

Once we reach the Killing Fields another tutorial on how to choose, rig, bait the offerings and send it down to Davy Jones's Locker on the downriggers.

I may reel in one or two fish but that is only due to the others being busy reeling in fish and having a triple take down.:)

To me, time out on the water these days is about giving to others, not physically handing them fish but to show them what to use and how to fish it, how to play the slime rockets and the proper technique to net them. Everyone gets OJT while on the "SS Fillet n Release". ;)

Last Edited:
833679DF-C55F-41F5-BB19-CAF97B87EDEE.jpeg I still like to catch a fish but my true enjoyment is watching my 10 & 11 year old niece and nephews catch fish and the smile on there face when I let them drive the boat.

That's awesome Jim!:cool:

I wish I was closer or had more time off to travel.

I want to fish but so far it's been like hunting... lotta time enjoying the outdoors and nothing to take home.

View attachment 549783 I still like to catch a fish but my true enjoyment is watching my 10 & 11 year old niece and nephews catch fish and the smile on there face when I let them drive the boat.

Exactly. Smiles for miles.;)
My granddaughter is just eight months old but she is being groomed to be a Fishin fool like her mother and Grandpa.;)

Good on ya, Caveman!
I just spent a day at the Paper Mill in Tacoma and had to get right home for another busy day ahead.

Once in the boat there is a short tutorial on the safety aspects of the boat and what I expect of my crew for the day.
Once we reach the Killing Fields another tutorial on how to choose, rig, bait the offerings and send it down to Davy Jones's Locker on the downriggers.
Sounds like fun!

I decided not to hijack the FF thread so I'm making a new one.

In my younger fishing days I caught to have leasure time, eat and brag because my brothers and cousins we're not as good a fisherman as I was. I will tell you that we all ate well!!!

I'm now an old-timer, have caught many thousands of many different species and anymore, to me, I would rather show people how to catch fish to get them hooked on fishing....:cool:

I have all the gear, tackle, bait and nice boat rigged for fish retention to take people out on the water.

I may reel in one or two fish but that is only due to the others being busy reeling in fish and having a triple take down.:)

To me, time out on the water these days is about giving two others, not physically handing them fish but to show them what to use and how to fish it, how to play the slime rockets and the proper technique to net them. Everyone gets OJT while on the "SS Fillet n Release". ;)
Jim; All donations of fish will be happly accepted!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top