JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 9mm would be awesomer in a revolver if you handload. At least to my thinking. Looks like this net grabbed guy could use a better profile on his seater stem..

Picture2018.jpg

One thing that hasn't really been mentioned is that, at least in my experience, the DA in rimfires is not nearly as light as the "same" gun in centerfire.

9390A3BA-4370-4020-85CF-E740A03880F5.jpeg
Not cheap but my favorite .22LR revolver is hands down the Original Rugar Bearcat. Talk about fun. And as high of quality as you will find.
They are fun but not what I would call "high quality" they sold for under 100.00 (the cheapest Ruger revolver at the time) when this one was 300.00 people remember them from there youth and have a soft spot for them but let's not get crazy here..........like a 68 VW bug that sells for 10K today.

Last Edited:
The 9mm would be awesomer in a revolver if you handload.
Maybe but then you would have something similar to the 'old' .38 Smith & Wesson. Be better to just have a .357 Mag and shoot .38 Special out of it - plus there are so many more options available for ammo if one does not hand load.

Maybe but then you would have something similar to the 'old' .38 Smith & Wesson. Be better to just have a .357 Mag and shoot .38 Special out of it - plus there are so many more options available for ammo if one does not hand load.
Not at all. The .38 operates at black powder pressures and the 9 about 3-4x that. It's very efficient.

The drawback to the Diamondback is that unless you can find a Badly abused gun, that is still Fully functional, you are going to have a Collectable Firearm that is getting very hard to find Parts for. A Four inch Barreled "J" or "K" Framed Smith and Wesson would be my recommendation. Personally, I favor the longer barrels but then a Model 35 is getting pretty hard to find these days.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Having owned them before a revolver in 9mm would probably be last on my list of revolver cartridges....

22LR is way more useful, fun, cheap and accurate. Not really even a question here in my mind!

Look at the S&W's

Small J frame options
Model 34 blued in 2" or 4" 6 shot
Model 63 Stainless in mostly 4" rare in 2" 6 shot

Larger K/L frame options
Model 17 blued 6" 6 shot
Model 18 blued 4" 6 shot
Model 617 stainless 4" 6" or 8 3/8" 6 shot (older ones) 10 shot (newer ones). Heavier model with full underlug barrel.

You could add the Model 48 to the above list. It's in .22 Rimfire Magnum but many have been fitted with an extra cylinder for the Standard .22 Rimfire cartridge. It's available in 4", 6" & 8-3/8" Barrel lengths.

"22LR is way more useful, fun, cheap and accurate. Not really even a question here in my mind!"
^^^^ this!!!

I've enjoyed all manner & make of 22 revolver over the years. Any pleasant day can be further improved with a proper 22 revolver & a little earnest target practice.

The drawback to the Diamondback is that unless you can find a Badly abused gun, that is still Fully functional, you are going to have a Collectable Firearm that is getting very hard to find Parts for. A Four inch Barreled "J" or "K" Framed Smith and Wesson would be my recommendation. Personally, I favor the longer barrels but then a Model 35 is getting pretty hard to find these days.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
A good Diamondback 22 will bring somewhere between 2-3,000 $ today. I don't think Parts are really an issue as many are interchangeable with other Colt revolvers. My point was about the "quality" of the Bearcat. My little Smith and Wesson M63 3 inch adjustable sight pistol is wonderful. We shoot it nearly every day. The little 22/32's have always been the favorite of knowledgeable outdoor gun people. Colt 22 revolvers are superior in my eyes but not enough to justify there current prices for a shooter.

WHO the heck has $2-3000.00 to spend on a .22 revolver to play with? And while you have your opinion for those of us not in the "I just won the lottery club" A Ruger Bearcat has plenty of quality to be refereed to the way I did. IMHO.

My Dads Bearcat bought new in 1967 for $37.50 has never had a single hitch and that going through 3 boys and more Cowboy fan jobs then I can count.

My Bearcat also a 1967 is barely on its third box of shells. It cost all of $400 with box and all paper work here a couple years back.

ruger single six with the .22 and .22 mag cylinder was the first revolver i got as a kid.it has shot thousands and thousands of rounds and is still a tack driver. It is quit indestructible, and it looks like a cowboy gun to a new shooter so it is not as scary. When i pass it down i will do like my grandpa did and pass it to grandchild complete with the gunbelt.

The Diamondbacks are a very well made revolver and as stated is the little brother to the Python.
I sold mine due to the fact of it being a downsized revolver. The reason with my meat grabbers the hammer spur came back and made solid contact with the top web of my hand between my trigger finger and thumb. But excellent revolvers!
And if I had waited until today's market to sell it! $$$$$$$$:rolleyes:

Sniper03

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class