JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, in Oregon isn't it illegal to sell a non-compliant woodstove with a home? Doesn't it have to be removed?

In La Grande, during winter inversions, burning of woodstoves will get you a stiff fine... the PD has at least one vehicle with a thermal scanner and they drive up and down the streets. Might come in useful to find suspects too...

And this is in Alaska, the last frontier, and virtually impossible to detect and enforce! Most folks don't live within easy reach of Law Enforcement!

Meh, the population of Anchorage and Fairbanks makes it worth it to them. Add that they are the only cities that are likely to care about air quality issues.

Enforce??? ... The article said the registration is voluntary. For now.

Meh, the population of Anchorage and Fairbanks makes it worth it to them. Add that they are the only cities that are likely to care about air quality issues.

Enforce??? ... The article said the registration is voluntary. For now.
Voluntary if you already own it... not if you buy it new, or when the house/building sells.

Voluntary if you already own it... not if you buy it new, or when the house/building sells.

True. Yet there wasn't any massive outcry when Oregon outlawed non-compliant woodstoves upon sale of your home. It's for the children!!!

(Note: I did not comply. The old woodstove was specifically listed as not part of the sale and the buyers were responsible for removal. Same with hot tub. Good thing we don't have any cats. :D)

Hmmmm I live in Oregon Our only heat in the House aside from Plug in electric 1500 watt heaters is a 20 year old Pellet stove that was inspected and passed when I put it in. SO they can bite me. Anyway House is paid for outright. And it goes to our son in the Will. When we bought the house it was a huge Solar Key Wood stove about 5 years of that bubblegum was enough for me so inn went the Pellet Stove and we heat a 1700 sq ft house on about 2.5 tons of Bear Mountain pellets a year.

Okay, in Oregon isn't it illegal to sell a non-compliant woodstove with a home? Doesn't it have to be removed?
Many owners from what I've gathered leave it in the garage, detached from any chimney or it has been written "sale of house does not include wood stove'" but it is left there anyway.

Look at 1639 in WA for an example. "Lower for sale, comes with barrel and extra parts..."
A lot is sold now days on a wink and nod to avoid paperwork and a stove is one of them.

In La Grande, during winter inversions, burning of woodstoves will get you a stiff fine... the PD has at least one vehicle with a thermal scanner and they drive up and down the streets. Might come in useful to find suspects too...

Our home came with a nice big Earth Stove. I guess in 2001 when we bought the regulation was not in effect. As I understand it, NOW, we can't sell the house with the stove in place.

What I don't understand, in your circumstance, what the hell are people to do in your local that can't afford electric heat? It gets COLD there! A bunch of wealthy folk live in La Grande proper?

Our home came with a nice big Earth Stove. I guess in 2001 when we bought the regulation was not in effect. As I understand it, NOW, we can't sell the house with the stove in place.

What I don't understand, in your circumstance, what the hell are people to do in your local that can't afford electric heat? It gets COLD there! A bunch of wealthy folk live in La Grande proper?

I LOVE Earth Stoves and the other great big stove (can't remember the name... Blaze King???).

Well, we could always go to the Warming Station I guess.

Typical winter heating bill, whether gas or electric, is over $200/mo... Yes, there are many people that can't afford that and gather wood all summer long to defray heating costs. Besides, wood heat is soooooooo nice! It's always been a way of life since I've lived here.

The low air quality caused by inversions really doesn't bother me, and I'm asthmatic! It's ugly, but if the people in Los Angeles can survive, then so can we.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top