JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent first attempt! And what dash # is your 66? I see it has the blued rear sight and a inset red front. My no dash 66 is from 1972 and has a solid SS front as well as the SS rear.
It's a no dash. I read that later 66-0 had the sights changed to blued back sights and the red insert front sight because there were a lot of complaints about not enough contrast and difficult acquisition. The serial # on mine dates 1976 and the 66-1 came out in 77.

Yep - knew about this part but did not know they went to the red inset front that early. I am planning on getting a blued rear for mine but the front will just be getting paint.
I just can't figure out how they made the trigger so awesome. All I have replaced is the mainspring and the stock trigger is still just beautiful. My GP100 is decent but that 66 is something special. I sure wish I could find a model 19 to go with it.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews