JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was wondering about getting some animal antibiotics from a farm store and using them....anyone know much about antibiotics and how to get some?

Farm store will carry penicillin, syringes, suture needles and thread - a lot of things. It's legal to doctor your farm animals. Penicillin needs refrigeration unless you can find pills.

Get what you know how to use... And a medical stapler cause most people dont know how to tie a suture.

Since a suture kit is so cheap, it's great to have a few because a lot of people do know how to use them. They are a lot easier to remove than staples.

we have a tote full of First Aid stuff. Its actually really nice to have as its more of a supply type thing. When we run out on the shelf, we go to the tote. We got a lot of gauze and bandages, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, bactine spray (my personal favorite), bandaids, neosporin, various tapes, steri-strips, suture removal kits, scalpels, all kinds of prep and cleaning stuffs (wife is a nurse so she picked up that stuff), there are a few wrist and ankle braces, some ace wrap, q-tips, single serving vasoline, and probably a bunch of other stuff I forgot about. We also keep "meds" (vitamin I, benedryl, etc) separate as were we store our FA supply tote is right near a heater vent. Also, since we are a FAK dealer at the shop I work at, we have a bunch of first aid kits all over the place with quick clot and all kinds of fun stuff.

we have a tote full of First Aid stuff. Its actually really nice to have as its more of a supply type thing. When we run out on the shelf, we go to the tote. We got a lot of gauze and bandages, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, bactine spray (my personal favorite), bandaids, neosporin, various tapes, steri-strips, suture removal kits, scalpels, all kinds of prep and cleaning stuffs (wife is a nurse so she picked up that stuff), there are a few wrist and ankle braces, some ace wrap, q-tips, single serving vasoline, and probably a bunch of other stuff I forgot about. We also keep "meds" (vitamin I, benedryl, etc) separate as were we store our FA supply tote is right near a heater vent. Also, since we are a FAK dealer at the shop I work at, we have a bunch of first aid kits all over the place with quick clot and all kinds of fun stuff.

Nice setup!

Please be aware that in the medical field they don't use hydrogen peroxide to sterilize wounds. It damages skin tissue and slows healing. They use alcohol if it's all they have, or other products.

Please also be aware that rubbing alcohol has baby oil in it to replace the oils in the skin after being stripped by the alcohol. It's not to be used in wounds. You want isopropyl alcohol for that, and even it has its drawbacks. Better to get something made for that. Rubbing alcohol is used to sterilize a spot before inserting a needle, to cool for fever, etc.

Nice setup!

Please be aware that in the medical field they don't use hydrogen peroxide to sterilize wounds. It damages skin tissue and slows healing. They use alcohol if it's all they have, or other products.

Please also be aware that rubbing alcohol has baby oil in it to replace the oils in the skin after being stripped by the alcohol. It's not to be used in wounds. You want isopropyl alcohol for that, and even it has its drawbacks. Better to get something made for that. Rubbing alcohol is used to sterilize a spot before inserting a needle, to cool for fever, etc.

Well aware of how not to use hydrogen peroxide on wounds. But if you mix it with water you can use it as an oral rinse, or in our case we use it in a mix to clean out our son's ears. And for the alcohol (checked and its just isoproprinol(sp?) not rubbing alcohol), its there as a topical cleaner/disinfectant/bicycle brake rotor cleaner. Like I said me 'ol lady is an RN and has all kinds of other crap in the med tote for wound care. Got saline flushes and about 10 different kinds of things to put down onto a wound to clean it and keep the ick out. :D

Well aware of how not to use hydrogen peroxide on wounds. But if you mix it with water you can use it as an oral rinse, or in our case we use it in a mix to clean out our son's ears. And for the alcohol (checked and its just isoproprinol(sp?) not rubbing alcohol), its there as a topical cleaner/disinfectant/bicycle brake rotor cleaner. Like I said me 'ol lady is an RN and has all kinds of other crap in the med tote for wound care. Got saline flushes and about 10 different kinds of things to put down onto a wound to clean it and keep the ick out. :D

Good! My wife's an RN too. :s0155:

Nice setup!

So for general 'wound cleaning' what is best? I'm old and I grew up with the ole' hydrogen peroxide goes on the cut, followed by neosporin and bandaid/gauze/etc.

-d

BOB (Bail Out Bag) Large Backpack with survival kit to go. 100 LB LIMIT! ( 50 LB for Kids) Remember your going to have to carry it! One BOB Per person
Large Knife (Bag #1) or Hatchet (Bag #2) & Small pocket Knife
Leatherman type tool
Small shovel
Matches in zip lock bag
Fire Starters (Cotton Balls saturated in Vaseline and stored in 35mm film containers) in ziplock bag
Metal drinking cup/and or mess kit in zip lock bag
2 cans sterno in zip lock bag
Duck Tape in zip lock bag
100 feet of ¼ inch rope
1,000 feet of nylon line
Sleeping Bag in Large waterproof plastic trash bag
1 Blanket in waterproof plastic trash bag
1 small plastic tarp
4 extra large waterproof trash bags
4 small waterproof plastic trash bags
4 Quarts of drinking water bottles
extra straw water filter, Iodine, ½ pint bleach or water purification tablets
FOOD & coffee/teas Non perishable, canned, dryed, high energy low weight (5-7 days supply)
6 Fruit Juice Boxes
Can opener
Ivory Soap
Towel in zip lock
Roll of toilet paper in zip lock bag
Roll of toilet paper in 1 pound coffe can with alchohol as emergency heater
Roll paper towels in zip lock bag
1 space blanket
Mag light (1 small, 1 Large)
Extra set Batteries for flashlights & radio
hand held 40 channel CB radio
Small AM/FM radio
First Aid Kit with any special prescription medicines
General purpose firearm for protection & hunting
Extra ammunition.
Quality Respirator Dust mask with 6 extra cartridges
10 Paper/Fiber Dust Masks
Goggles & Sunglasses
Latex Gloves 20 pairs & Leather Work Gloves
2 T shirts, 1 Sweat Shirt, 1 pair Jeans, 1 Ball cap, 1 Watch Cap & 2 large bandana handkerchiefs.
Workboots, Exta socks heavy & light & extra underwear
Motorcycle or bike helmet
Handheld compass & Small mirror

TRUCK EQUIPMENT:
First Aid Kit
fire extinguisher
HD tape
1 plastic tarp
bulk heater hose,
small shovel, larger shovel,
Axe, bow saw
4 10' tow straps, come-along (6,000 lbs rating)
100 feet of ½ rope
100 feet of ¼ inch rope
1,000 feet of nylon line
emergency safe carry fuel reserve, 5 Gal Jerry Can of Gasoline on outside bumper rack.
1 gallon anti-freeze,
one gallon water
3 quarts of ATF (for Transfer case),
4 quarts of oil,
grease
1 12v trouble light with 12' cord (plugs into cig lighter),
1 space blanket
1 well outfitted first-aid kit (Smaller kit in BOB),
2 cans fix a flat,
Carb Cleaner,
Flares
Vehicle survival kit (tea, power bars, candles, coffee, Girl-Scout oven, metal cup and jerky),
HD paper towels,
Tool box (this is a whole 'nother article, but each of our vechiles have tool kits unique to them, some items are: bailin' wire, flat-fixing kit, jb weld, hose clamps, rubber hammer, gasket sealer, rubber material, full set of new wheel bearings, radiator repair kit and sockets, wrenches and some home-made tools),
Fuses & light bulbs
Chiltons motor manual,
two hand held 40 channel CB radios (Mobile unit in truck)
Soap
Towel
Work Gloves
Rubber Gloves

BOB (Bail Out Bag) Large Backpack with survival kit to go. 100 LB LIMIT! ( 50 LB for Kids) Remember your going to have to carry it! One BOB Per person
Large Knife (Bag #1) or Hatchet (Bag #2) & Small pocket Knife
Leatherman type tool
Small shovel
Matches in zip lock bag
Fire Starters (Cotton Balls saturated in Vaseline and stored in 35mm film containers) in ziplock bag
Metal drinking cup/and or mess kit in zip lock bag
2 cans sterno in zip lock bag
Duck Tape in zip lock bag
100 feet of ¼ inch rope
1,000 feet of nylon line
Sleeping Bag in Large waterproof plastic trash bag
1 Blanket in waterproof plastic trash bag
1 small plastic tarp
4 extra large waterproof trash bags
4 small waterproof plastic trash bags
4 Quarts of drinking water bottles
extra straw water filter, Iodine, ½ pint bleach or water purification tablets
FOOD & coffee/teas Non perishable, canned, dryed, high energy low weight (5-7 days supply)
6 Fruit Juice Boxes
Can opener
Ivory Soap
Towel in zip lock
Roll of toilet paper in zip lock bag
Roll of toilet paper in 1 pound coffe can with alchohol as emergency heater
Roll paper towels in zip lock bag
1 space blanket
Extra set Batteries for flashlights & radio
hand held 40 channel CB radio
Small AM/FM radio
First Aid Kit with any special prescription medicines
General purpose firearm for protection & hunting
Extra ammunition.
Quality Respirator Dust mask with 6 extra cartridges
10 Paper/Fiber Dust Masks
Goggles & Sunglasses
Latex Gloves 20 pairs & Leather Work Gloves
2 T shirts, 1 Sweat Shirt, 1 pair Jeans, 1 Ball cap, 1 Watch Cap & 2 large bandana handkerchiefs.
Workboots, Exta socks heavy & light & extra underwear
Motorcycle or bike helmet
Handheld compass & Small mirror

TRUCK EQUIPMENT:
First Aid Kit
fire extinguisher
HD tape
1 plastic tarp
bulk heater hose,
small shovel, larger shovel,
Axe, bow saw
4 10' tow straps, come-along (6,000 lbs rating)
100 feet of ½ rope
100 feet of ¼ inch rope
1,000 feet of nylon line
emergency safe carry fuel reserve, 5 Gal Jerry Can of Gasoline on outside bumper rack.
1 gallon anti-freeze,
one gallon water
3 quarts of ATF (for Transfer case),
4 quarts of oil,
grease
1 12v trouble light with 12' cord (plugs into cig lighter),
1 space blanket
1 well outfitted first-aid kit (Smaller kit in BOB),
2 cans fix a flat,
Carb Cleaner,
Flares
Vehicle survival kit (tea, power bars, candles, coffee, Girl-Scout oven, metal cup and jerky),
HD paper towels,
Tool box (this is a whole 'nother article, but each of our vechiles have tool kits unique to them, some items are: bailin' wire, flat-fixing kit, jb weld, hose clamps, rubber hammer, gasket sealer, rubber material, full set of new wheel bearings, radiator repair kit and sockets, wrenches and some home-made tools),
Fuses & light bulbs
Chiltons motor manual,
two hand held 40 channel CB radios (Mobile unit in truck)
Soap
Towel
Work Gloves
Rubber Gloves

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show