Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

First Aid Supplies

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by M.Link, Apr 21, 2010.

1. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I'm trying to compile a list of things that would be needed in a survival/SHTF/War Situation. This isn't stuff to put in a pack, but maybe 2 or 3 bins in you stash spot at home. Maybe we can put the list together and make a sticky about it. I'm talking about things like Bandaids, Denatured alcohol, burn cream, gauze, all that stuff. If you have anything to add, please make it in list form, aside from your comments, so its easy to sort out. Thanks.

2. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

We will need guns. Lots of guns.

:eatpop:

3. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Got that aspect covered! I will type my list I have so far tomorrow. Don't feel like it on my Blackberry.

4. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

That will be very appreciated!

-d

5. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

We will need vodka. Lots of vodka.

But you probably have that covered, too.

6. smithmax

smithmax here Member

7. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

If it's bins, go crazy... Buy just about anything you can find that doesn't require any extensive training to use. Get first aid cream, gauze. Butterfly bandages, the big and small one. Sterri strips.

8. nwoutlaw

nwoutlaw Tacoma/Puyallup New Member

um....all the extra goodies i grab out of the first aid kits at work. :laugh:

9. cyborg

cyborg Oregon City Active Member

I am planning to maintain a small stock of prescription antibiotics. I feel those will be an extremely important part of a aid kit. I am not familiar with the various types and what I might need.

I am thinking that the stuff my doc would prescribe for a trip to SE Asia would be a good choice. Ciprofloxacin is a good broad spectrum antibiotic as is Zithromyacin (Zithromax) I will contact my doc each year and though I doubt she will just give them to me if I inform her I am going to SE Asia I will get them for extreme diarrhea (Dysentary) control. Hopefully I wont need them on the trip. Do that once a year and I will be able to maintain a small supply. I think you have to be careful with Aintibiotics as they do really GO BAd as opposed to just getting weaker as some meds might.

I was wondering about getting some animal antibiotics from a farm store and using them....anyone know much about antibiotics and how to get some?

10. BrianL

BrianL Hermiston Active Member

I've been looking at getting some of that QuickClot stuff. I've seen it at the gun shows and at REI. http://www.quikclot.com/

11. cyborg

cyborg Oregon City Active Member

12. phathom

phathom Vancouver, WA Member

As far as prescription type stuff, here's a site you can order from without a prescription. They ship from India and are fairly cheap, they also work well.
    I have had to order some stuff from here before and it may take a while to get here and be in generic packaging, but the stuff is legit.
    http://www.buy-pharma.com/

13. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

It can also be confiscated by customs and you can be formally charged. Happened to my roommate about 10 years ago.

14. phathom

phathom Vancouver, WA Member

Really? I did not know that? I mean they don't sale stuff like vicodin or any scheduled narcotics or anything outlawed, and it is not the same brands of stuff you would get here. But I was saying for stuff like antibiotics that you can't just pick up at walgreens.

15. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I appreciate your post phathom. Thanks for the information!

16. DSAPT9

DSAPT9 North Idaho Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

17. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

steri-strips, super glue, celox or quickclot, israeli bandage, splints, and much more. to the post above check out celox over quickclot same results with less tissue damage

18. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

Is there a place in the Tigard area that you can pick up some Celox? Israeli Bandages?

-d

19. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

Celox I have only found online so far I have got it direct from celox and from e-bay. Israeli bandages I get from the lady who is always at the Expo gun show. I think that one of the firearms training places that is on this site also sell them. Hope that helps a little

20. powersbj

powersbj Seattle Area Active Member

Get what you know how to use... And a medical stapler cause most people dont know how to tie a suture.