JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Columnist Pitts aims finger of blame at wrong target

Syndicated columnist Leonard Pitts yesterday fired off a missive blaming guns, published in the Seattle Times, and what he considers weak gun laws, for the shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords last year that led her ultimately to resign from office recently to focus on her recovery.

<broken link removed>

The only person responsible for what happened to Giffords was that idiot kid, I forget his name.

The solution to most of our problems in this society is not make more laws and regulations but to hold people accountable, instead of making excuses for them.

I'll go ahead and say what people are afraid to say: the mentally ill are responsible for most of these random acts of violence.

I read a lot of political commentary and op-ed pieces and find that Leonard Pitts is one of the worst offenders of rules of basic logic. As hard as I try, I honestly cannot finish any of his writings. He is the quintessential victocrat(1), often applying a heavy racial slant to his whining. How this clown makes a living by writing this garbage is beyond me. Whenever I see the picture of him that they use in his articles, I hear whining puppies.

1. The term "victocrat" was coined by Larry Elder, insinuating that many Democrats on the Left take up the "I'm a victim" argument.

Forget the Far Left and Far Right. Leave the politicians and the lobbying groups out of it for starters. Perhaps Pitts and this column can begin the dialogue. Couple of aging news hacks chatting about this; God save the Republic.

This column was sent to Mr. Pitts prior to its normal circulation.
That would be GOOD!! Where do we sign up to be in the audience?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top