JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The entire pistol range is up in smoke. East End Rod and Gun Club, Milton-Freewater, Oregon.:(

fire.jpg

I don't know if the shooting lanes were insured against fire damage. Most of the structures were built by our members with donated materials. The most recent official word is that the pistol range is closed indefinitely and it will be quite some time before the shotgun and rifle ranges are open. Our range has always opened the 1,000 yard range up to the public in the fall so non-member hunters could come zero their rifles. Hopefully everyone in the community will pitch in. Maybe we can start a GoFund Me or something like that?

fire3.jpg

Watch for Arson.. I never trust what an ANTI would do to shut a range down.

We did have a lawyer who bought his house two miles away try and shut us down in 2013 through planning and zoning, but we have been operating since before 1995 so our non-conforming land use was grandfathered in. The lawyer appealed to the State LUBA and lost, but it cost us six figures for our legal defense.

There is a caretakers house at the gated entrance that was not effected. I am thinking that it was stacked hay bales fermenting or the last black powder shooter of the day.

Did it take out half the town or was it a localized event?

You can see in today's picture that some of the fields were scorched, but it was contained to the range property. Town is over a mile and a half away.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top