JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am very pleased to have my xds back in my holster. thanks for the extra mag:) but not happy with the no notice on it being shipped and then it being found by my wife going on a walk on my landlords steps in open view of the main road!!!!! not cool and I am not happy a fully functioning firearm and a mag was not signed for and left out.... is this normal? I know it happens since I did work at ups for 3 years in the early 90's but man that does not sound smart...? oh well. i have it and it is safe and in my pocket now.:cool::cool::s0114::s0155:

They should have set the delivery to require a signature.

However, it *might* be that they decided to not mark it as a firearm so that it would not get stolen.

For that kind of stuff I prefer to have it delivered to a place of business where someone is always there.

The only times (3) that I received a handgun back from repair it required an adult signature. Looks like Fed Ex dropped the ball...

and if it just happened today or in the last few days...I am sure FedEx/UPS/USPS are just dropping packages off as fast as they can with the Holidays..sure they are swamped with deliveries.....

just thinking outloud

They should have set the delivery to require a signature.

However, it *might* be that they decided to not mark it as a firearm so that it would not get stolen.

For that kind of stuff I prefer to have it delivered to a place of business where someone is always there.
I bought a new cell phone, shipped USPS "signature required", postman left it in the mailbox and no one signed for it.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

off to test it in the morning at the range and make sure is passes. at least i have it back and can carry it now. but I have been happy with my full size m & p 45. great time of year for it. easy to conceal.i am just glad its safe in my home. or its home.:)

and if it just happened today or in the last few days...I am sure FedEx/UPS/USPS are just dropping packages off as fast as they can with the Holidays..sure they are swamped with deliveries.....

just thinking outloud

I cant speak to how it works at FedEx, but as a 27 year UPS driver I can tell you that it is not possible for us to release an "Adult Signature Required" package that is shipped as such without actually obtaining a signature. Such packages have a prompt imbedded in the barcode that prevents the delivery from being completed without a signature, and it cannot be overridden by the driver. The only way around this would be for the driver to physically forge the signature himself, which is grounds for immediate termination as well as criminal charges. The substantial risks associated with doing so far outweigh the negligible inconvenience of leaving a notice and attempting delivery again the following day.

We do run into firearms shippers who "cheat" by sticking an "adult signature required" sticker on the box without actually paying the additional fee that we charge for this service. In this case, the barcode will not prompt the driver to obtain a signature and if the package is going to a private residence it almost certainly will be released and left on the porch. We are not responsible for shippers who fail to follow the law or who try to defraud us by not paying the appropriate charges for the service level desired. I run into this issue quite frequently. If the package is obviously a firearm and going to someone who receives guns on a regular basis I will employ common sense and try to get a signature for it anyway, but a temporary driver or one who is working in the dark and unfamiliar with the area cannot be expected to make such distinctions. The fault in such cases lies solely with the shipper.

i will be using UPS from now on anyways but i think what you said makes sense and this time of year it could have been a helper just tossing the package. i remember how busy it was. I am glad I have have it safe now.... but I still can not stop thinking about how much of an issue i would have had if it got into the wrong hands and just the mess it would make reporting it stolen and everything else.... just the what ifs you know.....

Well FedEx and other carriers don't always know what is in the package. IF signature required, then yes it should be had, I think anyone shipping a firearm should require a signature for receipt of package. But then I have had signature required packages left at my door.
Ignore you pistol, my son is still waiting for his back.

When my XDS was shipped I received word is was to be delivered on a specific day so I stayed home to make sure I was home for the driver since a signature was required. Well about 8:00 PM came and no delivery. I looked it up online and it said the driver attempted, but no one 21 and up was home. I wonder where he tried?? I ended up having them hold it and went in to get it. The thought a complete stranger could have accepted my pistol makes me mad.

This was well before the Christmas rush. I have no faith in FEDEX.

When my XDS was shipped I received word is was to be delivered on a specific day so I stayed home to make sure I was home for the driver since a signature was required. Well about 8:00 PM came and no delivery. I looked it up online and it said the driver attempted, but no one 21 and up was home. I wonder where he tried?? I ended up having them hold it and went in to get it. The thought a complete stranger could have accepted my pistol makes me mad.

This was well before the Christmas rush. I have no faith in FEDEX.

FedEx Ground is a seperate entity from FedEx, and its drivers are actually subcontractors who are paid by the piece. When they get too far behind, they have been known to falsify their records in order to get credit for a delivery attempt that was never actually made in order to avoid paying a refund to the shipper.

As a UPS driver, the location where I am standing when I scan a package is recorded by a GPS unit in the DIAD (the handheld scanner that the customer signs.) Scanning a package and indicating a false delivery attempt when I am not actually at the address will trigger an alarm and show as a discrepancy on the delivery record. "Cheating" in this manner will result in loss of job. Also, packages that are adult signature required can not be left with a neighbor, they have to be signed for by an adult who is actually on the premises. This is actually a federal requirement that applies not only to guns but to the wine and prescription narcotics that we also deliver.

ok I asked them what happened and why. basically told them the story and now they are going to investigate it. I am leaving the email now. i will follow up as I find out more. for one, all of the packages are required owner signature of parcel . it is not supposed to be left on the porch at all. The customer service of Springfiield has been amazing. and very prompt about this issue. I am happy with this and will give them all the help they need to make sure this does not happen again. they are actually very upset over this matter and going to file a claim .! thats all for now.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top