JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been around guns for over 34 years now. My very first one was a Ruger 10/22 that I still own. But it wasn't until around a year ago that I acquired a handgun that was larger than a .22.

So now I own two 9mm's, a .40S&W, and most recently a 1911 in .45. So I wanted to take the next step, and apply for my CHL.

I applied for my permit online about two weeks ago, and had my interview with the Clackamas County sheriff's office this morning. I expected to be I.D.'d and fingerprinted, but what I didn't expect was to walk out of the office with my license in hand. I thought I would have to wait a couple of weeks for it. BTW, the whole process took 15 minutes.

So I am a licensed concealed carry person now. I have already carried at Freddys and the pizza joint. And surprising to me, I do not feel one little bit uncomfortable doing it. It just feels natural.

Guess the next step is getting the Utah permit so I can CC in states other than Oregon.

Thanks for reading this. Feels good to join the ranks of the "empowered". :s0112:

George

Might also look at the AZ permit. I've got both OR and UT but am considering the AZ permit because I go to Nevada a bit.

I've been around guns for over 34 years now. My very first one was a Ruger 10/22 that I still own. But it wasn't until around a year ago that I acquired a handgun that was larger than a .22.

So now I own two 9mm's, a .40S&W, and most recently a 1911 in .45. So I wanted to take the next step, and apply for my CHL.

I applied for my permit online about two weeks ago, and had my interview with the Clackamas County sheriff's office this morning. I expected to be I.D.'d and fingerprinted, but what I didn't expect was to walk out of the office with my license in hand. I thought I would have to wait a couple of weeks for it. BTW, the whole process took 15 minutes.

So I am a licensed concealed carry person now. I have already carried at Freddys and the pizza joint. And surprising to me, I do not feel one little bit uncomfortable doing it. It just feels natural.

Guess the next step is getting the Utah permit so I can CC in states other than Oregon.

Thanks for reading this. Feels good to join the ranks of the "empowered". :s0112:

George

First: You know you can OC in a lot of states without a permit, including OR and WA?

IMHO: What you(all that live in OR) can do now, is work hard for candidates that will fix you gun laws so OR will recognize other states, and other states will recognize OR. Then you don't have to go about being a license "collector" so you can carry outside OR.

First: You know you can OC in a lot of states without a permit, including OR and WA?

Thank you for that, but I'm not really interested on OC'ing. Just not my thing.

IMHO: What you(all that live in OR) can do now, is work hard for candidates that will fix you gun laws so OR will recognize other states, and other states will recognize OR. Then you don't have to go about being a license "collector" so you can carry outside OR.

I would love for that to happen, but not going to hold my breath just yet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top