JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I caved in and bought a nice deck for the car, no more cassette adapter.
Bought an Alpine with all the gee whiz stuff. USB, aux and bluetooth
Wow, should have done that long ago.
Pandora and all the other music on my phone with no cords.
Kinda cool, caller ID comes up and a lot of other features I am playing with.
Even displays how much battery is left on the phone.
I'm not new to to gadgets, I work on trucks and the stuff they put in em now is pretty impressive.
Just never got around to getting something for myself.
Hit the button and voice dial etc.
Old news to some and I have played with it some but after installing it and goofing with it it's pretty cool.
And it sounds so much better than the ol cassette deck.

Glad it is working out for you. The Wife and I did that last year and so far she does not like any of it. Radio can't get stations as good as the stock radio. We don't have an Ipod and when someone calls in on the Bluetooth they get an echo at first. Take me back to simpler days. Two cans and a string.
Mike

HAhaha! When I was younger (so back in the mid/late 90's) my buddies parents had all of their 8 track stuff in the basement/my friends room. I discovered them, we hooked up the sound system and started blasting 'Magic Carpet Ride' at full blast. His dad came down with a big grin on his face and walked back upstairs.
Afterwards, his mom thought it was cool that we liked those. So anytime we played N64 (back when Golden Eye was 'the game') we would pop in some Foghat or Journey and rock out like it was the 70's.

HAhaha! When I was younger (so back in the mid/late 90's) my buddies parents had all of their 8 track stuff in the basement/my friends room. I discovered them, we hooked up the sound system and started blasting 'Magic Carpet Ride' at full blast. His dad came down with a big grin on his face and walked back upstairs.
Afterwards, his mom thought it was cool that we liked those. So anytime we played N64 (back when Golden Eye was 'the game') we would pop in some Foghat or Journey and rock out like it was the 70's.

When I was in High School, one of my best buddies had a VW Bug with a Pioneer Super Tuner, which at that time was the state of the art automobile cassette deck. He had it rigged with a splitter so we could hook up two pair of big Koss headphones. What dorks we must have looked like rollin' hot down Metcalf Ave head knockin' to Zeppelin with those big honkin' headpnones on. :s0114:

Well you might be surprised. Like many hobbies unless you into it you have no clue. Head on over to audiokarma.org and take a look at the guys who collect vintage audio gear.

In my collection I have 450+ cassettes and 200+ 7" reel to reel tapes. Along with 2600+ LPs and 400 CD's I have 4) Reel to Reel decks including an Akai M8 that has tube based amplifiers in it. And a Pioneer RT-707 which is rack mountable. My turntable which is one of the Hundreds of NEW turntables you can buy is worth about $1500.00 with the Cartridge I have on it. I have 4) Cassette decks all Pioneers dating from 1974-1985.

Theres a whole world out there you all might just not know about.

A good Cassette deck (home stereo not car) can sell for upwards of $300.00 with a few breaking $500.00

And they still sell Cassettes in truck stops and they are still being used in third world countries.

I still have my old Yamaha amp, receiver, and turntable that I bought back in the early 80's. All just sitting in the garage now, but I just can't seem to bear getting rid of them. Well, maybe the turntable as I don't have any vinyl anymore, but I bet I could hook the amp and receiver up to a pair of speakers today and it would sound as good as it did back then. Not audiophile quality, but top notch gear in it's day.

I still have my old Yamaha amp, receiver, and turntable that I bought back in the early 80's. All just sitting in the garage now, but I just can't seem to bear getting rid of them. Well, maybe the turntable as I don't have any vinyl anymore, but I bet I could hook the amp and receiver up to a pair of speakers today and it would sound as good as it did back then. Not audiophile quality, but top notch gear in it's day.

I have a couple of old Pioneer receivers (a SX680 in the shop and a SX1080 here in the house) that I won't part with, along with 4 pairs of old Wharfdale speakers.

Well you might be surprised. Like many hobbies unless you into it you have no clue. Head on over to audiokarma.org and take a look at the guys who collect vintage audio gear.

In my collection I have 450+ cassettes and 200+ 7" reel to reel tapes. Along with 2600+ LPs and 400 CD's I have 4) Reel to Reel decks including an Akai M8 that has tube based amplifiers in it. And a Pioneer RT-707 which is rack mountable. My turntable which is one of the Hundreds of NEW turntables you can buy is worth about $1500.00 with the Cartridge I have on it. I have 4) Cassette decks all Pioneers dating from 1974-1985.

Theres a whole world out there you all might just not know about.

A good Cassette deck (home stereo not car) can sell for upwards of $300.00 with a few breaking $500.00

And they still sell Cassettes in truck stops and they are still being used in third world countries.

Huh, didn't know that. I did know about vintage receivers being worth some bucks.

cassette-tape-and-pencil-li.jpg

HAHAHAHA!!!^^^^
In a Gadda Vida was another that we would rock out to as well!!! His parents had 3 of the big heavy duty orange boxes full of 8 tracks. I dont think we ever did play every single one, just had the good ol' classic rock stuff that we liked. We kept the Hank Williams and Peter, Paul, and Marry in the box..

My dad and I got one of the old Pioneer receivers at an estate sale. It had a layer of dust half inch thick and I had to crawl up a rickity ladder to get the speakers down (also high end Pioneer!!) out of the rafters. I think we gave $15 for it. It is in the garage, and I would annoy the neighbors 3 houses down when I would crank it up while I was washing my car. Ahhh, to be young and not give a dam...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top