JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Worst sales pitch ever.

Tapes suck, 8 tracks are horrible. New vinyl has the best sound available. But until they figure out how to fit 10,000 songs, a phone, gps, steaming content, Bluetooth, and a phonograph into my dash I will stick with the awesomeness of new auto tech.

Voice activated is the way to go

I remember vividly whacking 8 tracks on my thigh and cursing while driving because the dang tape got bound up.

I liked In a Gadda Vida - the 30 min version

Ah what cha smokin there dude?

17:05 (album version)
2:52 (single edit)
19:00 (live version)

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida is on side B of the album of the same name

Side A contains

1."Most Anything You Want" – 3:44
2."Flowers and Beads" – 3:09
3."My Mirage" – 4:55
4."Termination" (Erik Brann, Lee Dorman) – 2:53
5."Are You Happy" – 4:31

Side A contains

1."Most Anything You Want" – 3:44
2."Flowers and Beads" – 3:09
3."My Mirage" – 4:55
4."Termination" (Erik Brann, Lee Dorman) – 2:53
5."Are You Happy" – 4:31

Warning Will Robinson! Warning Will Robinson! Old Hippie Alert! :s0114:

cassette-tape-and-pencil-li.jpg

I had to test my 11 year old. He correctly identified the cassette tape and correctly guessed (it was just a guess) what the pencil could possibly be used for.

This thread also takes me back to my own younger years. My best buddy's father growing up had an old (mid 70's) GMC Jimmy with an 8 track player that was clearly stock when the truck was new. Whenever we went anywhere it was Hank Williams (Sr, not Jr) all the time. When we reached high school (early 90's) he finally broke down and bought an adapter to play cassette tapes. He decided that the only song that he could tolerate was Paradise City by GNR so when we went on long hunting trips it was that song, over and over, the entire way. Good times, great memories. I think I need to make a phone call tomorrow.

I liked In a Gadda Vida - the 30 min version

The time is blurry,it seemed like 30 minutes to me also but having watched the 5 o'clock news,stoned on acid, on the kitchen wall without a TV was part of the time problem I think.Aliens were bringing people back to earth back then...It coulda been worse.:s0114:

No wonder I couldn't find this, wrong forum. Doh
I was looking at a 1974 Suburban for sale the other weekend that still had the factory 8 track in it.
I was pretty good at knowing when to switch tracks to get to a certain song with those.

Ah, much better than the stock radio.
P1020066.jpg
P1020067.jpg
P1020068.jpg

The desk charger for my phone finally came down in price and I got a couple of them. One for home and the other for the car and work.
My phone is always on at work playing music from either the phone or Pandora. I have it plugged into a set of PC speakers with sub that sounds good.
I liked the idea of not having to plug the phone in at all so am getting a Motorola BT speaker that also streams the phone to an FM station.
That will be handy as well when I have to go on a road call.
So I got to looking at all the stuff on my cart and kept on thinking cordless.
I have a power strip with the phone charger, speakers, laptop, and a 13 watt drop light plugged in at all times.
I got tired of dragging around a 25' cord so I got a good battery out of the pile (950 CCA truck battery) and hooked it up to a 150 watt inverter and powered everything up.
With everything on it drew 2 amps.
Started out at 12.56 volts and after an 11 hr shift it had dropped to 12.38 volts.
Will go with two deep cycle batteries and a small charger later on. Need to get an isolator and a few other things first.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top