Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Finally found my 10mm smith & wesson

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by ZS27, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ZS27

ZS27 Wilsonville OR Active Member

I was at kieths this Saturday and came across a 10mm smith & wesson 1006, I have been looking for one of these for a very long time. It looks like someone bought it and put a box of ammo through it and put it away. I have owned a kimber in 10mm but it was incredibly un reliable, it would always fail to feed. I tried with kimber customer service but it was the worst experience I have had. I have tried glocks but for some reason I can't shoot a striker fired gun with any kind of accuracy. So I am incredibly happy I found this. Plus it came with original case 2 factory mags, original lock, cleaning kit, chamber flag, instruction manual, and fired case from factory

20151031_182428.jpg

xlsbob, GOG, Spray-n-pray and 7 others like this.
  2. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm drooling:p. How much am I gonna have to give for one a those?

3. ZS27

I got this one for $860 but he definally priced it more to move, I have seen them on gunbroker usually go for closer to $1,000

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    edslhead likes this.
  4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

What about spare parts and such?

5. ZS27

What spare parts?

6. MEP1000

MEP1000 Milwaukie Active Member

Very nice indeed, I've always secretly wanted one of those :D

7. ZS27

It's built like a tank that is for sure

8. waglockfan

waglockfan Puget Sound Well-Known Member

Nice going, definitely one of those deals too good to pass up

9. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Here are your spare parts! And actually S&W has more parts available if needed, just give them a call.

HTML:
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/SmithWesson-33495/AutoPistols-42024/10mmSeries-35278/1006-33642.htm?results=All

Stomper likes this.
  10. ZS27

So far this looks like it's barely been shot so what I want to pick up is a couple extra mags

edslhead likes this.
  11. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nice gun, not a regular Glock fan, but my Gen 4 G-29 (The smaller frame 10 MM) is very accurate for me, but I am not a great shot anyway. I also have a beefy EAA Witness Match Elite (Single action only) that is very similar in dimensions to your 1006. I don't own a Sig but the 220 in 10MM has my eye at $1050 to $1300 depending on frills.
    I would be happy to have a Glock 20 (10 MM) based on my G29 experience.

Big fan of the 10 MM though, there seems to be a expanding variety of 10 MM factory ammo available, though I am partial to Underwood. (This cartridge makes me with I was a reloader)

12. ZS27

Yea I reload that's why I like 10mm, the avalible rounds are almost always watered down, and yea I like the sig but that's alot of money

13. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

Gratz. I'm still looking for my 1026.

As far as mags go, any for the 10xx series will work since they're all different lengths and mechanisms on the same basic frame.

elsie

14. ZS27

Thanks yea I have found a couple and dam there expensive

15. Dapapadon

Dapapadon Gladstone, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Congrats! I'm a 10mm fan too. Have a Glock 20SF. Hope to add another 10mm next year. Undecided on what though. I think I would of jumped on that gun for that price. You got a great deal.

Don

16. Pops1911

Pops1911 Cinebar/Issaquah Well-Known Member

Congrats on your find. Looks like a real shooter. Will be waiting on your range reports.

17. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

My dad had this same pistol since I was a little kid. I always told him I wanted it and was waiting for the hand me down.

Found out last year he traded it in on some garbage.

So his record as a father is unchanged. Still disappointing.

18. pdxRealtor

pdxRealtor East Gresham/Troutdale Active Member

DROOLING.....and so jealous. I was just at Keiths last week looking for a 4506. They had a model 59 but it was a bit beat up. I ended up with a 'used' but brand new Beretta 92fs vertec which I was pretty satisfied with. Then the next day I grabbed the 4506 off arms list. A good week for iconic pistols.

Congrats on that 1006...... So jealous....

19. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Congratulations now shoot the heck out of it.

20. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Relatives of the stainless steel era in the 1990's: I lovingly picked up a 4006 last year that looks like it came off the shelf. Not a mark on it-paid $400 even along with two mags. Luck would have it but several suppliers on the net offered police turn-in mags for 6 at 35 or 40 bucks and then, I came across "new" 4006 mags for about $12/each or 6 for about $50.00 or $60.00. This one that I have has the target sights and it is accurate off the bag and out of the box was spot on and zeroed at 25 yards. Super piece of work from SW. 1006 is just one top shelf piece.